Lost my 270 days streak 😔

Ni𝕏i
28 replies
Well, somehow it happened, my phone didn't let me know about checking the app, I was busy and forgot, the next day I see that I went to 0 again. My thoughts about it: 1. It was a great way for Producthunt to implement a gamify system for the app, to keep you checking the app every day, since you got the streak. 2. You got followers, without doing anything, but checking in every day. And putting you on the top of the list helped. But, other than that, I don't see why we need to stress about it. What makes the streak so unique that everyone is talking about it, even me now? What are your thoughts about it?

Replies

Alina Salavatova
I had a streak of 37, then I forgot to check in one day, and it was all gone. Now, I don't worry about it anymore. I like the Product Hunt community and visit whenever I find it interesting.
Ni𝕏i
@alina_salavatova Yeah, we can't always be available to social media and platforms, matters that we enjoy it, you have a good point there!
Jake Strack | miingl
Oh no!!! I think the streak tells you who is dedicated to the community and is actively working at building the PH community. It's the reason we started the PHStreakers Club on LinkedIn.
Ni𝕏i
@jake_strack True, but other than checking in everyday, I wasn't very active here, like at all. I make Notion templates so PH resents us and features only AI products.
Jake Strack | miingl
@nixisworld I see, we'll if you ever want to demo and get highlighted over at the PHStreakers Club events your welcome to join. https://www.linkedin.com/groups/...
Igor Lysenko
That's a lot of days, I would be angry after that.
Margret Rhyme
I'm sorry to hear that you lost your 270-day streak. It can be disheartening to break a long streak, especially when you've dedicated consistent effort over an extended period. It's important to remember that setbacks happen, and what matters most is how you respond to them.
Aarav Krishna
Instead of dwelling on the loss, focus on the opportunity to start a new streak. Set realistic goals, and gradually build up your streak again. Every day is a chance for a fresh start.
Indiana Joshi
Use this as a learning experience. Consider what strategies worked well during your streak and what challenges you faced. Use this knowledge to develop a more resilient plan for the future.
Tyler Loyd
If maintaining a streak involves a specific activity or habit, consider finding an accountability partner or seeking support from friends and family. Having a support system can make it easier to stay on track.
Ni𝕏i
@amirsohail9 I have build a Notion template for content management, and it helps me stay on my game now, Thanks for the feedback!
Adejoke Yinka
OMG that's so sad! how did you do that?
Darrell M. Dengler
That's a lot of days, I would be angry after that.
Carol Moh
Ahh, it is so easy to do, but what an achievement to get to 270 days in the first place! When I first lost my high streak, I was like, oh nooo, but then actually I was like, meh ok, well, I will just come into PH anyways, and if I build it back up, then great. Like you said, it doesn't really add much value in the grand scheme of things. It's just people celebrate it as it's an achievement that isn't easy to reach.
Ni𝕏i
@carolmoh Yes man, let's celebrate of the new beginning as well ⚡ It won't stop us being active here!
Ghulam Abbas
Sorry to hear that :( I'm on a 230-day streak today.
PRIYANKA MANDAL
Sorry to hear about your streak, Ni𝕏i. It's understandable how those streaks can become a significant part of our routines. You've raised some valid points about the gamification aspect and the unintended stress it can bring.
Ni𝕏i
@priyankamandal Priyanka thanks for the feedback, it's okay I knew it wasn't sustainable this way, I build a content management system. Now, so I can keep track of it more easier,lets see how it goes 😅