Life After Launch: What's Next?

Earl Carvalho
24 replies
Hey everyone - I want to chat about what happens in the real world after the hyperactivity of preparing to launch and the buzz of launch day. So, just the real stuff... Did your app explode with downloads, or did you feel like you launched into crickets? How did you keep the ball rolling, and what challenges did you face?

Replies

LisaKim
I've gotten my product to Best Rated Product of the Month, with over 2000 accumulated followers. I honestly feel like I could've done much better with creating PR and additional marketing content/strategy with the results. Our app did indeed explode with user data which we used for research & development purposes. We couldn't keep the ball rolling, we made the mistake of letting the ball go... Goood to be back on here though!
Daniel Zaitzow
@mycelebs_elle are there distinct things that you could pinpoint as to where the ball was let go?
LisaKim
@mycelebs_elle @dzaitzow Yes, there was a massive inflow of user data & feedback that we weren't ready on how to process it and efficiently lead it to product improvements in a timely manner. We spent so much time on improving the product that we lost communication with a lot of the users we attracted through our successful launch. Product improvement took a lot of time to update, while slowly less users were using our product.
Daniel Zaitzow
@mycelebs_elle @lisakim Super insightful! Did you see those users churn at a higher % than you had anticipated?
@mycelebs_elle @dzaitzow @lisakim Thanks so much for sharing this insight based on your experience. I think the uncertainty of what the launch will result in is one of the things I and my team will have to adapt to in real time to get the best outcome(s).
LisaKim
@mycelebs_elle @dzaitzow Yes haha. So many products launching left and right, we should have had a better retention strategy.
Hiresh Bremanand
Life after launch >= life before launch
Sergei Petrov
If you're expecting something special after launch, it's unlikely to happen. Producthunt is simply one of the ways to validate your idea and receive feedback.
@sergeipetrov Itโ€™s true we need to temper our expectations, but our team hopeful the launch will lead to something special. Keeping the dream alive. ๐Ÿ™‚
Semyon Fridman
@sergeipetrov That's a grounded perspective. While Product Hunt can provide a significant boost, it's essential to have a long-term strategy in place for sustained growth.
Jenny Lawson
Here's an example of how you might structure your answer: Celebrate the Launch: Begin by acknowledging the significance of the launch. Express gratitude and excitement for the achievement. Celebrate the hard work and dedication that led to this point. Evaluate Performance: Assess the performance and outcomes of the launch. Look at key metrics, feedback, and any data that's relevant. This evaluation will help you understand the initial impact of your launch. Gather Feedback: Seek feedback from customers, users, and team members. This feedback is invaluable for making improvements and adjustments. Ask for constructive criticism and suggestions for enhancement.
Semyon Fridman
@jenny_lawson Absolutely, Jenny. Celebrating milestones, evaluating, and iterating based on feedback are crucial steps in the product lifecycle.
Grace Gomez
After launch, you shouldn't expect anything really noteworthy to occur. One approach to test your idea and get feedback is through Producthunt.
Shivangi Awasthi
Celebrate. Rest well and come back to do an analysis. Then adapt and engage.
Building => Measuring => Learning They cycle never ends!
Semyon Fridman
The post-launch phase is indeed a rollercoaster of emotions and challenges, Earl. While the launch itself is a significant milestone, the real work often begins afterward. I'm curious, for those who've launched, how did you prioritize feature additions or changes based on user feedback? And how did you manage user expectations during this phase?
David Chung
Life after launch >= life before launch
Carlos Finley
Try converting the leads you generated on your launch.
Alexander Galitsky
Life after launch is similar to life after marriage - nothing good happens, typically