Key learnings from running my first Product Hunt launch and landing #3 Product of the Day.

Katja Alissa Mueller
4 replies
- Organise a core team with clearly allocated roles. In our case, it was our Head of Social (activation & copy strategy) and myself as Head of Brand & Design (creative & campaign strategy and project management). - Team up with someone who is proactive and not afraid of giving you constant feedback on your area of expertise. - 1 Miro board to work on concept, strategy and rollout was crucial. A PH launch is hard work, so having a super clear and structured base to work from is easiest for everyone who needs information. - Bi-weekly async slack check-ins. Write a short bullet point list with everything that still needs to be done that week. We were able to take tasks off each other more than once and speed things up. - Get your entire team involved early on so everyone is ready on the day. - Active everyone (and we mean everyone). Start activating a month earlier than you think you should. - Invest in powerful visuals to help you translate your vision. - Schedule the launch in advance, and take advantage of drumming up excitement. - Make use of the full 24-hour launch cycle. And mostly: enjoy and celebrate. May it help someone else :)

Replies

Rofy Okyere-Forson
Thanks for taking the time to share, Katja!
Golfo Vasiliou
I'm really proud of what we achieved, congrats to you and Sophie!
Hey @katjaalissamueller I'd love to have a peak at the Miro board - I've got a keen interest in how people launch for a product I'm making so I'd love to see it. Thanks for sharing these tips too ๐Ÿš€