Just launched our first product on Product Hunt in 12 days!

Nick Martin
13 replies
It's been a really fun and exciting journey working on FlexPDF. We are a small team of 11 awesome people that have been hacking away for 12 days here in Bali, Indonesia. We had set the bar very high for what we wanted to achieve during our Hackathon and launching on Product Hunt was a stretch goal we can now check off the list! Thanks to everyone who has interacted with me during the last 12 days. It's been amazing. You are all super friendly and extremely helpful. Would absolutely LOVE your feedback on FlexPDF. It's not 100% perfect, but it's pretty damn awesome :) You can find it on the new products for the day or click here: https://www.producthunt.com/post... Thanks again, you all ROCK!!

Replies

Akshay Thakor
Hey Nick, based on your experience, what is ONE piece of advice that you would give to someone who is about to launch a new product on PH? πŸ˜‡πŸ™ P.S. I'm a solo-founder.
Nick Martin
@asthakor51 Hi Akshay, probably not to worry about rankings, followers and points if this is your first launch. We were fortunate enough to very early on decide that our goal was simply to go through the experience, learn as much as we can, engage with the community and think long term. There is always another launch and practice makes perfect ;)
Sisi Florensia
Indeed, it's been an exciting journey & teamwork! Thanks for bringing up the great idea to develop FlexPDF & letting me design this tool as the Product Manager, Nick! I always love the idea of creating an app that focuses on solving one pain point that delivers excellent resultsβ€”in this case, converting PDF to a reliable, responsive HTML output. Within 12 days, we've managed to simplify the user interfaces & improve the experience while adding more power to FlexPDF πŸ’ͺ🏽 and making the result shareable in 3 formats: HTML, embed code, and free-hosted URL link. We've gotten great feedback from our community in Bali, where we're doing the Hackathon -through fast & intense yet fun user testing & redesigning rounds. I'm hoping the Product Hunt community can also help try FlexPDF and let us know your feedback. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about FlexPDF, both good & bad!
Nick Martin
@sisi_florensia thanks for all the hard work Sisi! I know it's not always easy when things change last minute but you're a real trooper and never give up! Semangat πŸ™ŒπŸ»
Reda Labdaoui
Congrats on your launch! What are the 3 things you learned from it ?
Nick Martin
@reda_labdaoui thanks Reda! I wrote extensively about our journey here if you are interested https://www.producthunt.com/disc... but to sum it up into three main learnings I would say: 1) just do it! Don't worry too much about followers, points, and rankings. Especially if you are launching your product's first or early versions. Get involved with the community and think long term and the next product launches :) 2) Engage with the community but don't overdo it early either. It's really important to build connections if you want to get as many people as possible to try your product and give feedback. Think in ways of offering value and one of the easiest is probably reviewing other PH's Ship or launch pages. 3) Don't be afraid to ask questions. People on Product Hunt seem to be extreme;y friendly and very helpful. One of my questions got decent amount of engagement https://www.producthunt.com/disc... and to be honest the message I'm getting from PH support and the community is very different so I'll continue to dig for more answers.
Nick Martin
@siddhartha_dange thanks a lot! Would love to hear your feedback if you get to play around with FlexPDF.
Rich Watson
dropped an upvote & comment congrats on the launch
Nick Martin
@richw thanks a ton Rich! Do you have a Ship page for your upcoming launch? Share the link so I can subscribe and follow.
Rich Watson
@nicholasjohnmartin We'll be announcing to the launch date to our subscribers on the upcoming page and the day the launch is live. producthunt.com/upcoming/trade-hub-3 Thanks