It's Friday! Let's share the best movies and series for founders. Here is my TOP.

Nick Anisimov
29 replies
šŸŽ„ Silicon Valley Follows the struggle of Richard Hendricks, a Silicon Valley engineer trying to build his own company called Pied Piper. šŸŽ„ The Pursuit of Happyness A struggling salesman takes custody of his son as he's poised to begin a life-changing professional career. šŸŽ„ The Founder The story of Ray Kroc, a salesman who turned two brothers' innovative fast food eatery, McDonald's, into the biggest restaurant business in the world, with a combination of ambition, persistence, and ruthlessness. šŸŽ„ Moneyball Oakland A's general manager Billy Beane's successful attempt to assemble a baseball team on a lean budget by employing computer-generated analysis to acquire new players. šŸŽ„ The Big Short In 2006-2007 a group of investors bet against the United States mortgage market. In their research, they discover how flawed and corrupt the market is. šŸŽ„ Super Pumped: The Battle for Uber The roller-coaster ride of the upstart transportation company, embodying the highs and lows of Silicon Valley. šŸŽ„ The Dropout TV series that chronicles Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes' attempt to revolutionize the healthcare industry after dropping out of college and starting a technology company. šŸŽ„ WeCrashed The greed-filled rise and inevitable fall of WeWork, one of the world's most valuable startups, and the narcissists whose chaotic love made it all possible. šŸŽ„ The Playlist How Swedish tech entrepreneur Daniel Ek and business partner Martin Lorentzon revolutionized the music industry through free and legal music streaming when they launched Spotify. šŸŽ„ The Social Network As Harvard student Mark Zuckerberg creates the social networking site that would become known as Facebook, he is sued by the twins who claimed he stole their idea and by the co-founder who was later squeezed out of the business

Replies

Kate Tyshchenko
I love "upstarts"; it's an Indian movie. really good one!
Kate
I can add to the list "The Imitation Game"
Anusua Seal
@katushkas Even I do agree with you. It's really a great movie.
Jonas Schaller
"Super Pumped" its like The Playlist (Spotify Company Story) just about the Company Uber, i really liked it
Irina Ivashchinenko
I will add šŸŽ„ Billions
Donald Weber
Will try to watch them all. Thanks for the list!
Barada Sahu
Oppenheimer is a great movie for entrepreneurs working on the edge. Black mirror - for dystopian tech
Zulfa
Need to watch WeCrashed and The Playlist
Maria Hagsten
Watching "My Brilliant Friend" right now, and I find it's nuanced perspective about dedication/grit vs. luck/circumstances incredibly inspiring.
Farjana A
I'm a big fan of movies and series about founders. Here are a few of my favorites that I would recommend: Silicon Valley, The Social Network, The Founder, Moneyball, The Big Short.
sumit sharma
I find "Whiplash" highly inspiring, With all the hardship going through, the final Outcome is immensely Satisfying
Praveen Pendyala
The founder is amazing! Watched it like 3 times, very inspiring