Is 'Password123' still a thing? What's the funniest or most common password you've come across?

Lukas Rüger
85 replies
We've all seen some funny passwords, but it's time for a change. Corbado, our new product for passwordless authentication, is now live on Product Hunt. Ditch those predictable passwords and join the revolution at www.producthunt.com/posts/corbado.

Replies

Vincent Delitz
@lrueger just found this funny thing on Hacker News recently: Password may not contain: select, insert, update, delete, drop (https://news.ycombinator.com/ite...)
@lrueger @vdelitz I started to code in 2008 and it's always been the same: filter the input and escape the output!
Anshul Raghav
my friend's wifi password was stealmy@$$. I cried for like 5 minutes straight 🤣
@anshul_raghav my wifi net is called "404 - Not Found" and the password is a variation of "I don't know. You?". I feel a nerd now ahaha
Edena
(their name)iscool It was a google password too 😂 Congratz on your launch.
@edena I felt seen when I read this. I had this a long long time ago. Now you need caps, special characters, etc
Lukas Rüger
@edena @slimmy82 Hopefully soon not anymore, once passkeys took over. Did you see our launch already? :)
Apurva Desai
my friend's wifi password was naikevu (Nahi kehna) 🤣
Lukas Rüger
@digital_by_appu What does this mean? :D
@digital_by_appu @lrueger Just translated by Google Translate: "say no" :)
Callum Jones
People using their name and adding '69' at the end because they think it's funny. Although the kid inside me still thinks its funny..
Callum Jones
@slimmy82 smart idea by the way. I have a couple people in my circle that could do with your platform 👌🏼
@callum_jones1 hahahahaha these are the kind of things that either you get married to that person or you split immediately!
Igor Lysenko
For me, the funniest password was "qwerty". One of the most common passwords.
Lukas Rüger
@ixord Indeed, I think together with '12345' it's one of the most common
"Get your wifi" That was my neighbor's wifi password🤣
Anthony Latona
Funny story, back in the day my old company was migrating an ecommerce store from their old platform and we couldn't figure out why the passwords wouldn't import into the new system. Turns out, over 20% of the customers' accounts had their passwords set as a single space, just "12345", or something else under 6 characters. We had to build a system to force all of them to update their passwords to be secure... It's wild to see how many people don't take password management seriously. Cool launch, by the way :)
Anthony Latona
@lrueger We couldn't believe it! Thousands of users from this ecom store had awful passwords. It was also nuts that the old platform stored the passwords in PLAIN TEXT lol
@lrueger @anthony_latona ahaha I was going to say that: plain text passwords! I worked in a company like that: 30 million plain-text passwords (and CC numbers)
Adriano Dos Santos Júnior
The most creative password I saw was this: "idrinkwater"
monta
azerty123
Nguyễn Minh Thức
my old password is 123456 haha
Amensa Hulk
123456789 is most the common password
CoffeeIsMyLife
Carter Michael
Had a friend use the city we lived in... not even a single number. Was so weird.
Summer Kim
As a Korean I can say it's name + birthday(phonenumber) + ! or @.... haha
Lilybelle
Congratulations on the launch of Corbado! Passwordless authentication can indeed provide a more secure and convenient alternative to traditional passwords