Is it okay to re-purpose content?

Ezgi Yeğinaltay
83 replies
Repurposing content is not only okay but also a smart and efficient strategy in digital marketing. I think it also maximizes content ROI. What are your thoughts on this?

Replies

Daniil Volynkin
Not just okay, but mandatory
Soner Alemdar
Repurposing is golden! - Has many benefits I try to build a ''waterfall'' kinda approach. Let's suppose that you have a new podcast episode. Here's what you can do: Podcast --> Blog post --> Video Content ↓ ↓ ↓ -email - X LinkedIn posts - Breakdown to 3 or 4 shorts with the most important points - Y Twitter threads - Social media videos (stories, short reels) - Social media posts - Email marketing This is just an example. You can milk the initial podcast and cover all your week. If you manage to create 3 LinkedIn posts and 3 straight to the point Twitter threads, I think that this would be a great job. Plus, the good thing with repurposing is that if you run out of ideas you can just repurpose a post from the past. I did it on LinkedIn more than once and actually the posts performed better.
Nastassia
@soner_ perfect strategy. Absolutely agree. And what do you think about posting on Medium and other ugc platforms? @ezgiyeginaltay
Ezgi Yeğinaltay
@soner_ @nastassia_k I think it works wonders. But it takes time to reach where you want to be. Especially with Medium.
amanah alfian
@nastassia_k what's your favorite ugc platform?
Nastassia
@ammanahalfian recently it’s Medium, and I just discovered Substack. I would love to find some more platforms to explore, so if anyone has suggestions, I would really appreciate if you write them in the following discussion https://www.producthunt.com/disc...
Narendra Solanki
Absolutely agree! Re-purposing content is a testament to the adage, "work smarter, not harder." By leveraging content you've already created, you can tap into new audiences and platforms without starting from scratch. This strategy not only saves time but also ensures consistency in messaging across various channels. Moreover, each platform has its unique audience and content consumption pattern . By repurposing, you tailor your content to fit these specific patterns, increasing its effectiveness and reach. It's also worth noting that not everyone consumes content the same way. Some prefer reading blog posts, while others might lean towards podcasts or infographics. Repurposing ensures that you cater to these diverse preferences, making your content more inclusive and accessible. 🔄📝🚀
Oliver Twist
Re-purposing content is not only okay but can be a highly effective strategy in content marketing. Here are a few reasons why it's a valuable approach: Reach Different Audiences: Not all your audience consumes content in the same way. By re-purposing content into various formats such as blog posts, videos, infographics, or podcasts, you can reach a broader audience with different preferences. Save Time and Resources: Creating high-quality content takes time and effort. Re-purposing allows you to maximize the value of your existing content without starting from scratch, saving you time and resources. Stay Consistent: Consistency is key in content marketing. Re-purposing can help you maintain a steady stream of content even when you might be short on new ideas or resources. Boost SEO: Re-purposing can improve your website's SEO. When you update and expand on older content, search engines may view it as fresh and relevant, potentially boosting your search rankings. [Replica Sword](https://replicaswords.us/) Reinforce Key Messages: Repeating important messages and information across different formats and platforms can reinforce your brand's key messages and make them more memorable for your audience. However, it's essential to do re-purposing right: Keep it Fresh: When re-purposing, update the content to ensure it's current and relevant. This might involve adding new information, statistics, or examples. Tailor for the Medium: Different formats require different approaches. Adapt your content to fit the medium, whether it's a blog post, video, or infographic. Cite Sources: If you're using someone else's content, make sure to give proper credit and follow copyright laws. Maintain Quality: Just because you're re-purposing doesn't mean you should compromise on quality. Ensure that each piece of content stands on its own merit. In summary, re-purposing content is not only acceptable but a smart strategy in content marketing when done thoughtfully. It can help you reach more people, save time, and reinforce your brand's messages, all while providing valuable information to your audience.
Prem Saini
Yes ofcourse, repurposing content is a fantastic method to save time and work, reach more people, and boost SEO.
Hemalatha Rajendran
Yes re-purpose content works great it not only maximizes the content ROI but also saves the times if it done it in a proper way.
Emilia
Of course, reusing material is a great way to save time, get more work done, reach more people, and improve SEO.
Prema Toppo
Repurposing content is the best way to boost your content and maximise your online presence.
Mansi Trivedi
It is important to repurpose content!
Devesh Vyas
Totally. Here's a great content strategy that you could follow to build audience and community: Write one in-depth long form newsletter on a specific topic that you know and can be valuable to your audience. Now, repurpose it as twitter threads, carousel posts, youtube videos, podcasts. Or... You can repurpose your old blogs in the similar fashion.
Jake Harrison
Agree, it can save a lot of time and money to repurpose the original contents, reuse it for different purpose!
Boudewijn Bos
It depends a bit on the content - if it is just content that is not pat of a campaign that builds up to something then you can always repurpose it - we have used some content today for our launch on PH that was part of previous content - have a look if you have some time left over in your schedule!
Lisa Steingold
I feel like te golden word is 'value'. If you keep contributing value then yes. The best way to do this is to use various formats. E.g.for 1 piece of content you could repurpose with; 1 x blog post 1 x infographic for Insta / Pinterest 1 x 5 point highlight with carousel for LinkedIn Twitter threads Video for Insta reels Instead of repurposing, I like to think of it as expanded reach. You create what works for where it works.
Nick Stein
I will go as far as saying it is stupid if you don't (a little harsh, sorry) . Why create something and only use it once?
Judith Amarachi 💙
It is 100% okay to re-purpose content.
Neelam Goswami
It's not just okay, it's essential! It can save you tons of time and keep your content pipeline full without having to put in extra effort. If you can use an AI tool to repurpose your content, that's even better. I'm using our own platform Narrato (https://narrato.io/) for this. It has an AI Content Genie that repurposes your website content and blog content into bite-sized social posts automatically, every week! And there are also AI paraphrasing and summarizing tools on the platform that I use to repurpose our blog posts for social, newsletters, Medium, and other channels. The smarter you can work with content repurposing, the better your ROI.
Of course! Some basic principles don't change and there's no need to reinvent the wheel every single time. :')
Rami - Browsingbuddies.com
yes, it would be silly not to. Creating original high value content is extremely difficult.