Is Crypto/Web3 boom over?

Anil Matcha
22 replies
Do you think it can make a comeback now with AI taking over?

Replies

Thomas
Web3 = 80% cupidity + 20% ideology + 0% technological progress I hope it won't come back..
mapname
Crypto requires some sort of regulation or to be recognised with legal bodies, otherwise it possess risk of fluidity under speculation - that made the shift, that being said current financial system has flows too where CB print money and cause risk for developing countries, in my opinion with the use of AI with addition of LLM an improved financial system which may include blockchain for traceability is possible. I am considering this combination and current issues may give a new rise to a new set of financial technology. I am optimistic about another rise under this circumstances but I would not call it as a boom.
Aditya Narayan Rai
Honestly nothing can be predicted at this point. I would say once the recession is gone, crypto can boom again but not like before. People will be much more careful about investing. Oh, and it need to be regulated. Not to forget, that countries are also using crypto to bypass sanctions. Web3 won't be and shouldn't be over. It can create wealth but in a distributed manner. But again i won't be able to predict anything at this point given the nascent stage of these technologies.
Nuno Reis
Web3 is here to stay. I'd say we still haven't found the right problems to solve with it that the public cares about for it to get the deserved attention. But in business web3 and crypto help companies move money at cheaper rates every day.
Marlene Koh
@nuno_ms_reis A solution looking for a problem?
Manab Boruah
I think it is not over. It totally depends on the media. If the media chooses to pick it up, crypto will return to the top again.
Leonid Mikhalev
I think blockchain has a potential, but crypto maybe not the best case for that. Right now crypto have more cons than fiat currencies, and I dunno how to scale it. And its so far from user friendly. It will come back, but I mostly believe web3 will be like medical cards which can be used anywhere in the world, in any hospital. Useful, right?
Tej Garikapati
Well, one future I look forward too is crypto and ai working together. At the moment AI is run by corporations, it is the opposite of decentralisation. I feel that kind of power is risky and would love to see AI being decentralised. Any new crypto + ai projects I can follow? Really passionate about that
Said Aitmbarek
I don't believe so, it probably gonna evolve into web4/5 which will be a realistic mix of centralized-decentralized user data will probably be stored on blockchain in the future company data will be stored in centralized ways
Andreas Møller
I really hope so :) I think the technology is fascinating, but so far the only use case for crypto currencies has been financial crime.
Dave Malicke
I think there are still interesting use cases for the tech.
Dylan Merideth
I think its just a risk asset class that contracts when liquidity is pulled out of the market like we are seeing. Use cases arent robust enough to grow through a contraction, which magnifies the pullback experienced. It was time to rinse out the speculative scam economy as well
Eraj Ismatulloev
Most likely. There was a lot of hype behind it, some took advantage of that either being smart or outright doing pump-and-dumps (some influencers did that). meanwhile others fell prey to FOMO/HODL/FUD and got rekt. This is a great paper from the BIS tackling this issue. https://www.bis.org/publ/work104...
Definitely not! Crypto and Web3 are like a phoenix rising from the ashes with AI adding fuel to the fire. It's like a triple threat, except the only thing in danger is the traditional way of doing things ;)
Eric Beans
No. It’s coming. The hype beat the tech.
Mila Dymnikova
I've been mostly focused on the data space in web3 and it's been a community busy building! I think soon we'll see media talking more about Decentralised Identity projects (I'm a fan of Disco & Kilt) that help individuals own their data so that they can monetise it in AI products or protect it from AI copying their content. It's kinda a perfect storm for web3/NFT/DID technology to come back into the spotlight in the context of AI.
Kane Lu
I am currently working on a Web3 startup and I can say for certain that there are still many real world use cases being explored and built especially in tokenisation of real world assets and supply chain. I believe that for Crypto to be adopted it would require a lot more regulatory work to make it mainstream. As long as you are building in a space where you are truly utilising the tech and solving real world problems with it, you will be alright!
Evan Dyer
Not at all! Whats mainly happening now, is a transition into a new phase of Web3, as the previous years developments in the space have become mostly mainstream with projects working around it. (NFTs, DAOs, Etc) Now a new age of AI and Payment infrastructures is underway with developers, pushing us into a new era of Web3 and De-Fi transactional highways. At Embr, we recently released our Patent Pending, Mattr One Protocol whitepaper, which will bridge the gap between blockchains seamlessly, without the need for bridges, exchanges, or a middle man. Read more here - http://whitepaper.mattr.one Explore our tech - http://Checkout.Embr.org Follow our CEO Jason Domonique here @jd_mtl
Vasiliy Shilov
⭐ Certainly not! In fact, we've only just begun. Blockchain technology and decentralized apps have endless potential, and we're seeing more and more users every day. The current market changes are simply a natural feature of any expanding enterprise. But, with innovative solutions like our Private Key Management Protocol, we're optimistic about the future of crypto and Web3.