Is BetaList still kicking, or is it pretty much dead? We're talking 58 users in a day.

Kate Bovk
11 replies
We made it onto BetaList's feature list two days ago. Just so you know, this platform is a staple in most guides for startup growth hacking, touted as the place to be right for promotion. Here's the breakdown: - BetaList's Twitter has 68k followers, and they retweet all the featured products. - Our product's tweet racked up 1.1k views. - In 24 hours, we netted 58 users from BetaList. Funny thing, the day before, we got more traffic from Reddit, haha. Gotta be upfront — these aren't exactly the numbers a growth hacker hopes for. But I remember from last time, after BetaList, we eventually got a couple of potential investors. So, there might be some delayed payoff. Today we're on Product Hunt and we could really use your support🖤 https://www.producthunt.com/post... Excited to see the traffic from that!

Replies

Gabriele Mazzola 🧭
Wow, that's nice!! Can you link the Reddit post that brought you traffic? 90% of the time I try to post on Reddit I get screwed by some moderator, and I'm starting to think I simply do not get the approach for posting over there haha
Jimin Park
@gabriele_mazzola @aga_jaskiewicz So if the karma is high, it's less likely get banned even we post promotion? I am just strarting the reddit and they all seem to have strict rule about promotion :((
Agnieszka
@gabriele_mazzola I had similar issue. My tip is: 1. First build up your karma on other topics, easier than the business ones (in my case, posting a kayak trip plans gave me a lot of karma) 2. Find out the subreddit you want to promote your product. I invest my time only in subreddits that are ranked in Google 3. Build up some karma by engaging in discussions there 4. Now, you can post a link to your product/ app ;)
Agnieszka
@gabriele_mazzola @rightavenues_jmp Honestly, I don't know if there's any particular number you should get to not get banned. IMO the bigger the better :)
Dima Groshev
Thank you so much for your insight. Definitely will try BetaList for my products. In what community did you post on Reddit?
@dimagroshev I've tried different ones, depending on the topic. It's pretty good here https://www.reddit.com/r/selfhos...
Jimin Park
@dimagroshev @kate_bovkunova I'd love to try the reddit community but it seems like broken! ?
Daniel Zaitzow
We'll roll out on there as well - I think these launches need to be looked at as part of the marketing / visibility strategy and the rev side being the cherry on top. Hard to know how many users on here have a need for / an interest in your product (however niche or not)
Agnieszka
Hi Kate! Do you have any tips for launching on BetaList?