If you receive no comments from your customers, what does that mean?

Salar Davari
33 replies

Replies

Either your offer is not that great or your marketing is not great
they are not using the product.?
Drew_Quinn
same here and that also frustrating me
George Aleesu
No visibility, probably no one is noticing I guess
George Aleesu
Mostly do happenes at the earlier stages of venture growth cycle. Devise an optimization strategies to get pass that depending on your product and market.
Yavuz Tunc Emran
possible satisfaction or disengagement.
Niamh McGlade
Following any tips on this discussion! We sometimes struggle with this too. We have customers who are really active on our platform but we struggle to get feedback from them. How do you combat customers who just prefer to be left alone?
Ken Ito 🍄
Could be that they are happy with the product. I have reached out to my customers and not even one response (even the ones paying couple hundred per month). The most vocal ones are usually the free tier who never convert.
Sofia Gertzen
Can you elaborate? With no information provided we can only guess. How did you ask for comments? B2B or B2C? Did you reach out personally, write an email, reached out on social, created an in-app message? What questions do you ask them? If you receive no comments and have been using one way to ask customers for feedback, it may mean that the channel you use is not working for them. If it is a question of communication, I would try different approaches to reach out to them: - Emails - email from CEO/founder, email from team member, experiment with different tonalities - Good old Phone - if you have their number, that is the secret weapon to reach them. If not, is there a way you can get it? They are your customers after all - Connect with them on Linkedin or other social media and start a conversation about your product Also you may look into books like The Mom Test to make sure you ask the right questions to actually receive feedback. Hope this helps and don't stop asking!
George H
Unless there's an incentive or you specifically and personally ask, they won't comment.
AmazingSylvia
No body use my product? I think I will be so upset.
Carol Moh
I think there are a few questions you think about that can help you figure out why you aren’t getting feedback: 1. How are you asking for feedback? E.g. NPS, email survey, interview, App Store/Google play, G2 etc… 2. Is there a trigger point that you ask for feedback? After x amount of time using your product? When they have performed a number of actions? 3. Is there any incentive for them to leave feedback? Either product related or something else e.g. gift card or subscription discount etc… Working on the above areas can kick start the feedback loop and also the quality and quantity of feedback you receive. Hope that helps! 🙂
Chris Lester
Reach out directly with personalized questions
Joe Pacal
I am struggling with same - here's what we tried: People are reluctant to give feedback about wonders, I've been trying to crack it by different outreach strategies. 1) Recency matters- I have highest response rate while catching users in the first 3 days of sign-up. 2) We have a Discord channel that we funnel most interesting sign-ups to- at least this leads to one chat if not more. 3) Emailing after long periods of time hasn't worked so far (tried personal appeal, 'message from founders', 'just hit reply', '2-min survey will help us so much') + still have a $25 gift card experiment in the book for next 100 sign-ups. 4) Surveys gives people clear task in an email and we get more views. I have an incentive for free credits and it's lead to a few responses. 5) Intercom chat (free for startups for 1 year) has captured a few responses for us. It's all a bit demotivating isn't it? I'd love for people to hop on a chat to understand both- why they like it and how could we do more of that; and why they wanna churn. But I am fearing it just won't be the right mechanism & might need to do something else. — tl;dr: tough luck for us too; intercom email with a typeform survey link + discord invite worked a little bit for us, but it's still a struggle.
Claudia Lyons
no one is noticing I guess
Daniel Kelly
Highly recommend 'The Mom Test' in this situation - can help get real feedback, not just what people think you want to hear at an early stage!
Max
Perhaps we should do some surveys?
Oleg Naumenko
If the product just does the thing, why comment? Do your customers come back? Do you expect them to?
Itx Faiz
If you receive no comments from your customers, it could suggest a few possibilities. It might indicate satisfaction with your product or service, but it could also mean that customers are not engaged or motivated to provide feedback. It's essential to encourage feedback actively and create avenues for communication to better understand customer experiences and address any potential concerns or improvements.
Guadalupe R. Moore
Your customers simply do not care!