If you had a time machine, what business advice would you give your past self?

Ryan Tando - Dezbor.com
23 replies

Replies

Swapnil D Puranik
The only real person you should care about outside of you (in business) is the one who is going to pay you - ignore everyone else. Develop thick skin. Don't take yourself too seriously and
Kevin Sem
If I could go back in time, I'd tell my past self to focus on the customers and validating ideas before investing too much time and money I'd remind myself patience and perseverance are key, as success *rarely* happens overnight as we see from influencer
Charlotte Chiang
Get the mechanics ($$$) of the business clear. The best product in the world, even with a great distribution strategy, won't work if the cashflow is not sustainable.
Max Burns
- Focus on building long-term relationships with customers instead of just making quick sales. This will lead to more repeat business and a stronger reputation. - Always stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and trends in your industry. This will help you stay ahead of the competition and offer more value to your customers. - Be willing to take calculated risks in order to grow your business. Don't be afraid to try new things, but always be prepared for the consequences and have a backup plan in case things don't work out. - Never stop learning and improving your skills. Attend workshops and seminars, read books and articles, and seek out mentorship opportunities. - Finally, always prioritize the well-being of your employees and strive to create a positive work culture. Happy employees are more productive and loyal, and they will help you build a successful business. - https://www.ballsportspro.com/
Mehdi Rifai
Go and talk more to customers and understand the psychological dynamics behind buying a product
Ezzedine Cherif
Don't start a business company without a CTO, even if you can build an MVP alone. You'll need a tech vision, first.
My advice would be to focus on building long term relationship with customers, truly listening to their feedback and implementing it.
Pedro Lucca S C
Don't sacrifice your mind and body health, understand the time and consistency of things
Samar Ali
Take risks, stay focused, and never give up.
Jordan Shlosberg
Realize how important the right people are! Something I intend on doing properly the second time around
The lottery number for the next year and exponential shares. Additionally I would explain in detail my energy innovation saving me 3 years work. https://ak1.co The lowest cost electricity technology is Active Kinetic 1. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/578... ONLY 5 DAYS LEFT TO THE WEBINAR!!
Alex Espinoza
I would have told myself to start building a personal brand and making more connections with people. I didn't see it as important back then, but I realize now how many doors it can open for you. Also, to buy all the Bitcoin possible when I first heard about it in 2010 before all the hype lol
Hello_Joy
@aespinoza Haha, definitely Bitcoin comes first! Anyway, I completely agree that starting to build in public is more important than I ever thought. Looking back, I would have focused more on increasing my influence in the community quickly
Heleana Grace
It's better to have a smaller, loyal customer base than a lot of social media followers who will never buy from you. Sounds like a no-brainer, but back then, my younger self really needed to hear this.
Adrian
To be honest, I'm still waiting for me from the future to show up and give me some good advice.
Peyt Spencer Dewar
"Release updates faster!"
Justin Bassett-Green
mine BTC in 2010. Buy GME in Jan 2021. Y'know, the usual
Sangharakshak Neel
I would tell my past self to become friends with Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos, and then convince them to give me a share of their companies. Then I would retire and watch them fight over space.😂
Roop Reddy
If I could go back in time, I would tell myself that persistence is the key to success. Also, I would tell myself that instead of listening to all the noise, focus on customers and their problems.
Krishnan Sethuraman
Focus on sales and be consistent.
Giannis Kiokpas
learn to code early on in the University years (back in 2000-2006) and don't waste endless hours on GTA and Diablo! :)