If you ask me for feedback, I will actually give you my honest feedback

Timo Bechtel
18 replies
I receive so many feedback requests that I wanted to make this clear: I won't simply go to your product launch page and click upvote. Instead, I might check out your product and leave a brutally honest feedback. And this will most likely not just be positive. I believe the most valuable feedback is the kind you can act one. Even if this is harder to read. "Congrats on your launch." is not something you can act on. So I'll try to give valuable and honest feedback only. If you dare, feel free to continue sending me feedback requests :) Remember: Users are brutal.

Replies

Clint Yoo
I think it's more valuable that you care enough to go beyond the upvote and actually check out the product and assets that the maker put up... cheers to you Timo!
Dani Schenker🇨🇭
Cheers for that! I would rather never comment than write "congrats on your launch" and leave...
Jake Strack | miingl
This is so important, especially for founders. Everyone will lie to you and tell you that they love you're idea. It's human nature to not shatter another's ego, and an idea presented is the same as presenting the ego. I read a very good book on this topic about how to market research and get people to not lie to you. It's called "The Mom Test". Basically you don't talk about your idea, you speak to who your target market is about the problem and never bring up the problem. You can get the book here: https://www.amazon.com/Mom-Test-...
orliesaurus
Can you give me feedback on dashcam.io?
@orliesaurus First impressions: Website looks polished and well-made. And honestly, the product seems very useful. However: - I did not understand the product at first. I initially thought this was for sharing development previews of websites (similar to Vercel preview-links) with error tracking or something. The description in the FAQ section made it a lot clearer for me. Also, I opened the website on mobile first, so I did not see the video initially. - I don't know yet if the product would provide enough value for me personally to justify a monthly fee. But I am not part of a large developer team, and I haven't tried the product yet. PS: The menu and the about section are broken on the mobile version :)
orliesaurus
@timobechtel That's great feedback on the homepage - Would you like to try it out - the app? Or do you not have the need, after reading what it does?
Great perspective Timo, thanks for bringing this topic to the table! I would appreciate your valuable feedback --> You can sign up free, and experience our product. Love to hear your comments, here it is huudle.io
@parilti_erkan So, from what I understand, it is basically video messages for teams, right? Similar to Loom? Website: - Design: The bottom dark part looks so much more polished than the light part! - There is so much text. Don't make me read. - The hero animation does not really tell me, what the product actually does. The tagline is quite generic. Product: - I can see how this might be useful to people. - The name sounds a bit strange to me :)
Konrad S.
I fully agree on that, it's my policy also. Would be grateful for your feedback on App Finder (in case you're using Android): https://www.producthunt.com/prod...
Jeff Fajans
Love it. Honest Actionable feedback is so helpful
André J
Launching soon!
Maybe start with a congrats, and then the roasting? 😅
AmazingSylvia
Wow, could you please tell me, if you using AI chatbot tool in your daily life?If so, I would like to invite you to try my product.
AmazingSylvia
@timobechtel Cool, Have you ever using something like character.ai?
Behind
I ask! Thank you!