If "four-day work week" became the norm, would you prefer having Mondays or Fridays off?

Gizem Nur Keskin
22 replies
I'd prefer to have Fridays off as Mondays already feel like a fresh start. What about you?

Replies

Gert Van Gool
I'm a fan of having Friday off for a 3 day weekend. But I've met a lot of people taking Wednesday off (background: in Belgium, kids have only school until noon on Wednesday)
Indu Thangamuthu
Friday... Nothing can change the feel of "Monday Blues" 😀
Karen Layrisse
When I had the opportunity to choose a regular 5-day work week shift at my previous job, I decided to have Fridays and Saturdays off, which suited me pretty well. I still stand by choosing Fridays off instead of Mondays.
Dexter Awoyemi
I've always taken the friday off when I work four days. There's usually a certain amount of planning and acting on plans that starts on a Monday. Good to have an idea of what needs to be done in the week coming so I can get it all done in time.
Honestly, I'd prefer to have both Mondays and Fridays off and just work the middle three days. But since that's not an option, I'll go with Fridays. Who doesn't love a three-day weekend?🙌
Lorina
Either way you go - you'd have a 3 days weekend if you select Monday of Friday. I for once, would love to have wednesday off - like an oasis for mental health and pause in the middle of the week - go back to my projects with renewed focus and new perspectives after 1 day outside, in the nature!
Shaur ul Asar
I would personally prefer having Fridays off. Having a long weekend would provide a great opportunity to recharge.
Ryan Martinez
I would skip Fridays. The appeal of a long weekend is hard to resist. Given the regular 5-day schedule we've all become accustomed to, it simply feels more natural. A 4-day workweek might help to lessen the impact of Monday dread.
Monday. It is your natural desire to have leave on Monday.
Dani
Fridays off definitely. I don't mind Monday, it's a fresh start. Also, I do major house cleaning on Fridays to get ready for the weekend (especially now that the weather is nice). Not having to both clean and work on Fridays would be amazing. But I also know me, and with several projects on the side, rest isn't coming any time soon anyway, lol.
Fridays! Hard to change the Friday fun feelings and the Monday grogginess that has been instilled for so many years.
Elissa Craig
So many big companies are testing out the 4 day work week. Unfortunately for smaller companies, it is hard to be able to justify a 4 day work week - especially those with lower bandwidth. 4 day work weeks are quickly becoming a powerful recruiting chip to attract employees and are even making their way into offer negotiations. For me, I feel most productive earlier in the week. I reserve Fridays as a day to wrap up my to-do list or tie up any loose ends. So, for those reasons, I would prefer to have my Friday off!
Joseph Abraham
Hi Gizem, I would make the case for Wednesday 😁 , and here's why: Having Wednesday off creates a natural break in the workweek, allowing you to recharge and rejuvenate. It promotes a healthier work-life balance, reducing stress and increasing satisfaction with both work and personal life.
Rob Slate
Friday, since it always seems to be my busiest day 😂
Uma Venugopal
Mondays for me.
George Apostolov
In the corporate world, nobody works on Fridays anyway so Monday off and automatically half-day Friday off
Mondays. It will be more laid back since most people will naturally be choosing Fridays.
Ghazal Dewar
Mondays! Would be nice to have a day off during the week.
Max Yamp
Fridays 150,00,00%.. Monday is the most important day of the week! It sets the tone for everything. You can get so much done after a refreshing weekend. It's my favorite day! I mean, my favorite work day :) I would definitely say Friday would become my favorite day if I had it off each week.