I nervous about my launch. Any last mintue advice for a newbie?

Nimesh
7 replies
First time launching on product hunt and it's starting to feel like a make or break; which I know its not the case but I can't shake it — any advice for me?

Replies

Dan Li
We launched last week! Here were our takeaways: * Marketing launches don’t make or break startups. We got 10–15x our normal top of funnel on launch day, but it’s the day-to-day marketing work that really matters (e.g., building up email list, investing in SEO, growing social accounts) * You never know what’s going to work, so try pushing content to as many channels as possible! We thought Product Hunt would be a much better audience than Hacker News for our product, but turns out it was the opposite * Launching is a great excuse to reach out to existing customers and ask for their help with testimonials to spread the word. People would much rather hear from a customer than from you * Keep things organized by putting everything into one place for project management and marketing assets. We created a reference list of “blurbs” like our one-liner, a short description, a store listing page, etc., so it was easy to rewrite content for different platforms * Don’t forget to track the results and share it back out with everyone that helped! Normally companies spend a lot of time doing the project management pre-launch, and then post-launch there is just a black hole More info about the experience here: https://mobile.twitter.com/danie...
Nimesh
@danielxli wow, thanks for that answer my dude, huge value some great actionale for me to take away! you've got a follower out of me, see you around the internet mate
Daniel Do
Launching soon!
Consider the launch as a learning experience. It will never be perfect and it's about getting used to the new things you're not comfortable with. Good luck!
Nimesh
@pm_optimizer soo sooo true, thank you
Anoir Houmou
Remember that you can always re-launch your product and try to reach out to as many people in your network for support!
Nimesh
@anoirhoumou thank you for the reassurance Anoir :)