I'm Elif, Co-founder and CEO of BeforeSunset AI. We became the product of the day, week, month. AMA

Elif Duran
83 replies
Hello everyone! We launched BeforeSunset AI (https://www.beforesunset.ai/) in June and we became the product of the day, week, and month! 🌟 We have 1777 upvotes and 422 comments currently, our number of upvotes and comments continued to increase after the launch πŸš€ Thank you to all the product hunters who support us. We gained a lot of momentum after the launch and created a great power user base ✨ We are happy to answer all of your questions. I and our growth lead Nur will answer all of them on 11th August.

Replies

Randall Kaplan
Hi Elif, what is the most valuable piece of consumer feedback you received from BeforeSunset AI's launch?
Elif Duran
@randallkaplan We've received lots of feedbackβ€”ranging from bug reports and suggested improvements to insights on how we can enhance our solution for daily planning. The most invaluable aspect lies in observing the community's response to Beforesunset AI and understanding their expectations for what more it can offer.
Luke Skyward
Congrats! How did you promote your product outside of Product Hunt?
Flora WU
@olearningcurve Curious too! BTW, cool product and notified! Mine is powered by openAI, and you are more than welcomed to leave your support:)
Luke Skyward
@flora_wu Nice! Your product sounds cool as well. I used OpenAI through Langchain to build my database. The product itself has two modes - one powered by OpenAI and the second one is not.
Zekiye Nur Kesici
@olearningcurve Thank you, Luke! Actually, we had ongoing marketing efforts. We announced our launch with a press release and on all our social media platforms.
Soumil Rathi
@zekiye_nur_kesici What was your form of press release and how did you draw attention to it?
Emma Mchugh
@olearningcurve @zekiye_nur_kesici did you have a dedicated person or team for Marketing, I am a co-founder, there is just 2 of us at the moment so wondering do I try to market myself or get some help!
Italo Costa | System Developer
Congratulations, I'm glad to hear that. It's always nice to see a colleague in the profession have such success. Tell me more about the launch process, I'll be happy to know.
Zekiye Nur Kesici
@italo_costa Thank you, Italo! We planned our launch assets two months ahead of time. We put a lot of effort into our videos and content. We made a concerted effort to make them stand out by producing everything in a way that reflects our brand and draws attention to the homepage. We reached out to a lot of product hunters as a team. We announced our launch via social media. We used a press release to announce the launch of our product. These are things to came to my mind, you can ask your questions if there are any. πŸ™Œ
Congratulations, Elif, on the remarkable achievement of becoming Product of the Day, Week, and Month! πŸŽ‰ How do you plan to sustain this momentum while continuously enhancing your product? Looking forward to your AMA and learning from your experiences!
Zekiye Nur Kesici
@mani_abod Thank you, Abdul! Apart from our ongoing marketing activities, we are conducting advertising activities in order to maintain the momentum we have achieved. We're trying different marketing channels.
Alex Chepovoi
Why sometimes products with significantly lower upvote/comment count overtake other products?
Zekiye Nur Kesici
@alex_chepovoi While I can't be 100% sure, I do know that upvote values have to do with the profile. In Product Hunt, the upvote value of an active account, the number of followers, the number of streaks, and an account with more points are different from the upvote value of a newly opened account.
Julien Zmiro
Well done! I'm curious: How did you spread out your outreach to get upvotes? Did you ask as many people as early as possible or did you ask smaller batches throughout the day?
Flora WU
@zmiro cool product and notified! Mine is powered by openAI, and you are more than welcomed to leave your support:)
Zekiye Nur Kesici
@zmiro As a marketing team, we used a daily time-block strategy to reach out to people. We used to hold small team competitions and award a prize to the person who reached the most people, which increased team motivation.
Hricha Shandily
Congratulations on the product and the successful launch Elif, always heartwarming to see stories like this. :)
Sophiko Jeiranashvili
Congrats! Any tips & tricks you can share with us?
Zekiye Nur Kesici
@sophiko_jeiranashvili Teamwork and collaboration is essential for a great product hunt launch. Small competitions can be organized to engage and motivate your team.
Aditi Rao
Congratulations Elif, this is such a wonderful achievement! Before-Sunset AI's launch journey is so inspiring, and there's so much to learn from your achievement. Thanks for sharing your journey! SayData is launching in a week, on the 17th of Aug and I would be really grateful if you could provide any advice on outreach strategies to optimise support before our launch? Do check out our launch page as well: https://www.producthunt.com/prod.... Thanks so much for your support Elif!
Flora WU
@aditi_rao1 cool product and notified! Mine is powered by openAI, and you are more than welcomed to leave your support:)
Suchai
Congrats Elif on your wonderful jouney! Can you plz share methods or tools you been using for tracking user acquisition/source that let's you know exactly if a certain user are from PH or other channels?
Abdul Razzaq
Could you share a bit about the most exciting challenge you overcame while developing BeforeSunset AI? Keep up the amazing work! πŸ‘
Zekiye Nur Kesici
@razzaq_abdul The night before the launch, there was a major problem with the product, and Elif had to stay awake for that problem. She had been awake for about 45 hours by the day of the launch.
Frank Sondors
We're looking to be #1 in October. Do share some tips.
Zekiye Nur Kesici
@profy17 Try to find motivating and fun ways to involve your team as much as possible in preparing for the launch process, it is definitely teamwork. Preparing launch assets is also important. You should engage with the community to get the most out of it.
Tanjir Rahman
Hi Elif, That's awesome! Congrats! My question: What are your plans for the future of your product?
Rahul Aluri
Congratulations @elifduran! Can you please share one or two most significant strategies that really worked well for you?
Flora WU
@elifduran @rahul_aluri cool product and notified! Mine is powered by openAI, and you are more than welcomed to leave your support:)
Rahul Aluri
Thanks @flora_wu you are building something super interesting! Got notified. Would love to support :)
Zekiye Nur Kesici
@elifduran @rahul_aluri Time-blocking strategy for the product hunt launch process. We tried time-blocking for outreach and it both motivated us as a team and increased our efficiency.
Mila Bronshtein
Excellent results, congrats! πŸ¦„
Gican Petrescu
How did you prepare your producthunt launch? What do you recommend are the most important parts when launching?
Zekiye Nur Kesici
@gican_petrescu I believe it is critical to interact with the product hunt community. If you want to benefit from the community, you should engage with the community. Reaching out to product hunters to ask for their feedback and support, well-prepared launch assets, and teamwork are crucial in a successful product launch.