I'm a product mommy wearing a lot of hats, AMA πŸ€—

Kate Kovbii
34 replies
Hi there, my name is Kate, I'm a Product Owner (a.k.a mommy) of the fresh-launched asset management tool AssetSpace πŸš€ For almost a year, I'm wearing a visioner's, manager's, owner's, designer's, QA's, marketologist's and a lot of other hats while working on product. Ask me anything!

Replies

Baran GΓΌrcan
We would love to hear your feedback once you've had the chance to use our tool. https://www.producthunt.com/post...
Max Holub
how did you even manage to do it all be yourself? :D
Kate Kovbii
@maksim_holub1 hehe, not the best time of my life πŸ˜… But jokes aside, the core of the team was a cool engineering gal and myself. So she crafted all the tech stuff, and I just did the rest 😬 Sometimes we had some joyful moments of having real QA or designer for a few hours, but that is just not enough if you want to create something cool 😬 The key to my crazy experience is that I really-really wanted to make this product nice and handy. So it was all for love ❀️
Max Holub
@kate_kovbii yes, love always makes everytihng doable. the same here with UNIKA - so i totally get you
Aaron O'Leary
Hey Kate! My question is how do you manage to wear all these hats without burning out?
Kate Kovbii
@aaronoleary you probably won't like my answer because I am slightly burnt from the edges here and there πŸ˜… No excuses here or bs about how it's okay to give all of you to any project (because it's not). But truth be told, I did have some fun on the way. I'm a fan of starting things, and here I started so many different things, you can't even imagine! And all the experience - it is priceless! πŸ’”
Aaron O'Leary
@kate_kovbii no problem with your answer! Everyone has different limits and work-life balance doesn’t look the same for everyone. Atleast you’re having fun with it though!
Kate Kovbii
@aaronoleary yeah, because isn't it all about the fun and a bit of joyful moments, right? πŸ₯Ή
Sadek Hossain
How did you manage all these?
Kate Kovbii
@sadek_hossain thank you for your question! 😌 The short answer is that I do love to start things and switch between tasks keeping all needed in mind πŸ€“ And the long answer is that sometimes this is how the reality looks like - you have to carry on and do all you can. Whithin this project I am having absolute pleasure to collaborate with AMAZING dev gal who make all this product as it is right now. I also had a small chances to collaborate with experienced designer and QA for a bit. And this folks help me to understand and tweak so many cool things!
Boris Atayan
Hey, @kate_kovbii we built Leanbe, especially for Product Managers and we are live on PH. I think Leanbe could help you during your daily job and it will make your decisions data-driven.
Kate Kovbii
@boris_atayan oh my, this sounds interesting! Congrats on your launch! I'll be happy to check it out ❀️ It's an honor to share launch day with such a cool people and products 😌
SAI PRASAD V
@kate_kovbii What inspired you to create AssetSpace?
Kate Kovbii
@sai_prasad_v oh, this is such a nice question, thank for bringing that up! πŸ€— I joined the team when they already had a draft-is idea and version of the product so I didn't came up with the idea. But generally AssetSpace was made out of the company's struggles. As a small office ourselves, we used to struggle with asset tracking, spending planning, and general asset management. And using spreadsheets wasn't sexy at all. So, trying to fix our pain, we created something that can be useful for a lot offices out there 😌
Chelsey Roney
Hey, Kate! @mel_mcc and I are in the same boat. Wanted to say we're out here and going through some of the same challenges. Some days are a lot!
Kate Kovbii
@mel_mcc @chelseyroney can't agree more! But some of these days are really fun, right? πŸ€—
Charlie Kor
I like your expression 'product mommy wearing a lot of hats' πŸ‘
Janine N
Was there a time when you wanted to quit? If yes, when and why?
Kate Kovbii
@janine_nitz, oh, i love this question! Thanks for asking it! So in any unclear situation, my instant reaction and desire are to understand it and make it clear, not to quit immediately 😁 And yeah, there were hard times when things took too long, when we didn't have a team, when our only dev didn't have any time for this specific project 😬 And some crazy thoughts of how I'm the only one who really needs and cares about this product (even though I'm a Product Owner, not founder) did creep my mind. And the most important thing is to communicate those thoughts and try to change the situation πŸ€— What did you think? Did you have any of those "oh my, I just want to quit" moments in your work life?
Janine N
@kate_kovbii great response! I feel you :) I think you hit the nail on the head there when you say times were hard when things took too long. I think there is a certain amount of love for the product and baseline motivation that keeps you going regardless, but if you work too long on a particular area and you have no tangible response or nothing that makes you see your progress things can get really hard. I have definitely been there and as boring as it sounds it really helps to keep things tangible and visual, with Kanban boards or whatever else you use to plan and manage tasks, as besides that it will also show you progress. Many great minds touch on that, Andrew Huberman and SImon Sinek spring to mind.. we as humans just need that dopamine from getting things done. And that applies to all scenarios whether you are a product owner or a founder.
Kate Kovbii
@janine_nitz oh my, you're just the best! Can't agree more with each of your words! ❀️ Especially about this progress tracking approaches and tools! They are great sanity savers. And Simon! Oh, I love him so much! I Follow him on LinkedIn and TikTok, and oh, how heard and seen makes me feel everything that he shares with the world! Precios! Thanks for mentioning him here in this conversation!
Nikhil Mehra
What is the one thing you would change if you had superpowers? could be home and work related anything !!
Kate Kovbii
@nikhil_mehra2, such an inspiring question! Thank you so much! πŸ€— If I had superpowers, I'd help people (including myself) to find their places in this life and this world. Because so many wonderful bright people out there are lost and don't know what to do and where to start... So yeah, I'd use my powers for good ❀️ And what about you?
Nikhil Mehra
@kate_kovbii wow that’s great, hope you get these superpowers soon but I feel I would do the same and I try to do it without superpowers too. Just being vibrant, fresh and a smile on my face does help to make others happy too.
Janusz Mirowski
Hehe nice! A i am only here to say Hi mommy :D