I lost my Product Hunt 171 streaks because of simple bug

Ryan Tando - Dezbor.com
24 replies
Have you ever lost your Product Hunt visit streak? I lost my 171-day streak last month in the worst possible way. Here's a detailed breakdown so the same thing doesn't happen to you: https://medium.com/@distartin/i-... TL;DR: As long as the Product Hunt Page doesn’t reload the page (initial load, open page in a new tab) then your streaks won’t be logged even if you navigating into many pages.

Replies

Igor Lysenko
I recently lost day 67 and am now on day 33 and am about to get my attendance back.
Jake Harrison
Oh, sorry to hear that, hope the support team can make up for that!
Arsen Batyuchok 🇺🇦
OMG those Single Page Applications!
Shivangi Awasthi
This is helpful. May your streaks live long. :)
Ethan Tole
can someone please explain me what's so important about that streak?
Ryan Tando - Dezbor.com
@ethan_tole I guess not that important 😂 but it is an exciting reminder that you’re building momentum and being consistent similar to duolingo... and who knows maybe in the future PH team might add more benefits to streaks
Daniel Zaitzow
@ethan_tole I think it MAY weight your engagement more heavily so when people are trying to get their products to rank higher on product of the day / week etc - having more people with longer streaks / points etc might be more valuable. Just an assumption.
Jane Abecia
This is so sad🙂
Rohit Joshi
I recently lost my 150 days of streaks now, I am on 4 day streak, I completely understand this pain.
Ian Berdos
It's sad to hear! since I'm new I'll try for longer Streaks.
Logan Weaver
I have a measly Product Hunt streak, but I do have a 262 day Elevate streak!
Rukhsar Amjad
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your streak because of a bug. I can imagine how frustrating that must have been. I'm glad you reported it to the team, and I hope they're able to fix it soon.
I've heard about this bug before, and it's definitely a bummer. I'm glad to hear that you're still motivated to keep your streak going, even after losing it.
Vincent Greco
Yes this has been mentioned several times. I lost my streak at 40 days, so it is certainly less frustrating than what happened to you, but I feel your pain. Thank you for investigating. So the conclusion is: if you kept your PH page opened from the day before, do not forget to reload it.
Eugene Lipski
by the way, the Streak Tracker widget really helps me
Ryan Tando - Dezbor.com
@eugene_lipski Ming sharing that? is it specifically for producthunt?
Layla
Same thing happen with me in the past :(
André J
Launching soon!
gd to know. I would also maintain the upvote streak while your at it ;) then you have proof, unless the launch is pulled, so better hedge it and upvote a couple or three