I got to 50 followers πŸŽ‰ just in time for my 1st launch on PH next week. Any tips?

Shay
31 replies
Hi guys so excited to celebrate this with you! The PH community has been super helpful and supportive, even outside of PH. ❀️ I am launching zapmail.app next week on Tuesday, any advice you have for me? πŸ™πŸΌ Hope to hear your feedback on the product as well.

Replies

Dogyun Jeong
Congratulations! Getting 50 followers sounds awesome! I am checking your product too!
Mark Perera
Congratulations!!
Sankeerth Julapally
Looking forward to it Can you also mention here what zapmail does?
@sankeerth_julapally Thanks Sankeerth! πŸ™πŸΌ Ofc,Zapmail is solving the problem of having to switch between different apps for comms. For internal purposes we'd use chat apps like slack but externally clients would want emails, or sometimes whatsapp since they don't have slack. Also note the fact that traditional emails were not designed for businesses. (It was a replacement for physical mail) So what we did was, we combined custom domain emails into a conversational interface. You can email anyone and also create groups to collaborate in one place. Best part is, since it works like an email, you can connect with anyone via their email ID (even if they don't have zapmail). It's perfect for teams like ours that have to use both emails and internal chats for work. In a nutshell a collaborative communication tool, that let's you email and collaborate in a conversational interface. Get notified when we launch on next Tuesday! You can try us out and give us feedback πŸ‘‰ https://www.producthunt.com/prod...
Tej Garikapati
Hey! Me again :) I would say get in touch with great hunters on the platform. Most of them are willing to help you if the product is great. And ask engaging questions in the community and discuss. They have to be related to your product. One example fir you would be: " I am tired of switching between apps for coordination between my team? What are your hacks for this? " You don't need to pkyug in your product yet, but these discussions will give you a good number of potential beta users. BeforeSunset did something similar. Get 3/5 people from your team, have a common background in your profile picture. Each person can ask 2-3 questions every day. Collaborate with other makers by giving genuine comments and helping out new products everyday. All the bestπŸ‘
@tej_sai hey! thanks again, I actually did ask a few questions with regards to email and their pain points, and many people did actually give very relatable comments. Should check out more Qs like the one you suggested. Working on getting the team on board as well! Thanks Sai, I will look at what else I can do.
Alexey Anshakov
I will be interested to see what they recommend. Have you read the guidelines? I mean, there's this information there: https://www.producthunt.com/laun..., which means that next time you can relaunch after 6 months. Maybe it's better to prepare better for the first launch?
@aanshakov Hey Alexey! Yes, the guidelines are pretty thorough, and we've tried our best to follow it. They also have this small widget on the side with launch tips on PH, and it has a few details on what you can do like placing an embed, inviting co-makers etc I just want to hear it from the community itself, from founders that have launched before.
Artsiom Hontar
Congrats! Wish you luck!
Olatz Urrutia
Followed and congrats! Try to stay engaged in the community, follow people that you engage with, share your answers in discussions and support others too.
@olatz_urrutia Thank you Olatz! For sure, the community is the best. ❀️ I do notice sometimes I am typing almost same kind of content on many discussions, maybe I'll combine them and make one discussion to share whatever I've learnt.
Olatz Urrutia
@shaaay 100% sometimes it happen. There are some similar discussions going on or repeated questions too. But I guess not all of us can read all the threads or discussions so it's normal
Congratulations on the milestone πŸŽ‰
Axel Borry
We will be there to support πŸ”₯ One piece of advice will be to use every channel to share your launch (What'app, Discord, Slack...)
Shajedul Karim
hey Shay, congrats on the milestone! reaching 50 followers is just the beginning of your journey here on PH. as you prepare for your first launch, here are a few tips to consider: 1. build momentum: start the conversation about your product before the launch. get people excited and curious about what you're about to offer. this doesn't mean giving away all the details, but sprinkling enough to stir curiosity and anticipation. 2. tell your story: why did you create zapmail.app? what problem are you solving? how will it benefit your users? let your passion and purpose shine through your narrative. remember, people resonate with stories, not just products. 3. engage and listen: the launch day isn't just about broadcasting, it's about listening and engaging. respond to comments, answer questions, and engage with your audience. consider the feedback as a valuable resource to refine your product. 4. gratitude: a simple thank you can go a long way. express your gratitude to those who took the time to check out your product and share their thoughts. and finally, remember to breathe. launches can be nerve-wracking, but they're also an incredible learning experience. so don't stress too much about getting everything perfect. enjoy the process, learn from it, and keep building. good luck with your launch, Shay. looking forward to checking out zapmail.app! cheers, Karim
@shajedulkarim_ appreciate your advice Shajedul πŸ™πŸΌI will take into account on these and work on them. And yes for sure, the launch is a great opportunity to hear out what the community thinks of the product and how they perceive the value of it. πŸ™πŸΌ I’m looking forward to everyone’s feedback and comments on Zapmail. Hope to see you there as well πŸŽ‰ and maybe we can build a product that can save communication mishaps for teams like ours.
Congratulations! Best of luck, go get that bread!
Kunal Mehta
Nail your product description: Clearly explain what your product does and its unique features. Engaging visuals: Showcase your product through screenshots or a demo video. Create a landing page: Capture sign-ups and generate anticipation. Leverage your network: Ask followers to upvote, comment, and share your launch. Engage on Product Hunt: Comment on other products to build relationships. Craft a compelling pitch: Clearly communicate the problem you solve and the benefits. Be responsive: Engage with feedback and address concerns promptly. Utilize social media: Promote your launch to reach a wider audience.