I failed many times here's why

Jake
31 replies
Hello Product Hunters πŸ‘‹ Today I want to share something personal. In the past, I've tried to build startups many times. This is why I failed: ❌ Money was the most important thing ❌ I was focused on sales, not on delivery ❌ I was always distracted Now I'm trying again to build Zencal.io with the new brand new approach. Let's take a look πŸ‘‡ πŸ’š Client first The most important thing for me now is my client's happiness. Why does that work? Because people like useful people. If you really help someone, they will help you. If you really support someone (without a hidden agenda), they will support you when you need it πŸ’š Delivery is King! If you're good at selling but can't keep your promises, you'll never build strong business relationships. I want to reassure people that they can count on me. I want to be predictable in what I promise. That's why I never promise anything I'm not sure about πŸ’š I'm focused I set myself a goal and I don't start something new until I've finished the previous one. This is something new for me, but it works. I have stopped thinking about the future when I have a clear goal for the present. What do you think? The new approach will give me a good outcome? By the way - I'm during a challenge "1k Twitter followers in 4 weeks". Please leave a follow if you like my content ✌️

Replies

Grace Hur
Thank you for sharing! πŸ’› I resonate with your second point because it's all about cultivating trust and integrity. Sometimes, things happen and we can't fulfill our initial promise. In those moments, how might we still show up with accountability? 😌 Seems like your clients are VERY lucky and honored to have you. Keep up the good work and please share more of your journey when you get the chance!
Jake
@gracehur I think that's the game changer when you really understand or maybe more fitted word will be "when you feel"
Richard Gao
Same here. Had some stints with ecommerce and web design in high school
Highly relatable for many here
Elly
Thanks for sharing your painful, honest, and helpful experience.
Suleman Elahi
Failure teaches you nothing. This is the most important lesson that all people should learn early. Always do the things right way and keep adapting with the atmosphere. You will never be lost.
Kane Lu
Honestly love this new approach! Currently working on a startup and honestly the most difficult part before everything is finding the true problem statement (actively listening for problems) vs trying to fit my solution to a hypothetical problem space.
Jordan Shlosberg
Your website is beautiful and it's an interesting concept you've made. The most important part is the hiring and training of your schedulers. One of the key reasons that X.AI failed was because when the AI made a mistake on a very complex scheduling flow, all trust was gone. If one scheduler has a bad day, they could damage a lot of business SO make sure you focus on them!
Divya
Thanks for sharing!
Igor Lysenko
Wow, thanks for sharing your story!
Aleksandra Dikan
I thnk at some point you never know if you fail or not :) just do what you can at this moment.
Aaron
great share, I failed many times too, but each time we get closer to the success.
Frank
Your perseverance will get you far! Thanks for sharing, and in the words of Thomas Edison: "I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” πŸ€œπŸ€›
Richard Green
yep I had same experience
Business Marketing with Nika
I think it is crucial to have a passion for what you do. You are correct that money is not everything (it is a good asset for buying things and experiences – those that make you happy, but the happiness is temporary). Well-deserved things take time, energy, knowledge, and personal growth.
Naresh Meetei
Good luck with this one Wojtek. Thanks for sharing it.
AndrΓ© J
Launching soon!
I would focus relentlessly on USP and PMF. Unique selling point is up to you, the product market fit can be measured with google analytics. Recurring visits / First visits. Put that on a graph. When the graph goes up. Send the graph to investors. They will invest and fuel the growth more rapidly. Then exit when the operation runs it self and you need a new challenge.
tinycode
I resonate with 3 as well I've learned that prioritizing and maintaining discipline in your plan is crucial on this journey. I once heard, "startups don't die from a lack of ideas, they die from having too many ideas." Set a goal, measure, execute, and iterate πŸ™‚
Azfar
Thanks realize helpful insights πŸ‘