I am new here, any tips and tricks ?

Benois Marquette
9 replies
Please share your experience with me as it will help me develop my marketing skills.

Replies

Sara
Share ideas and results, take advice and improve!
Shon Paunan
Absorb and share ideas. Celebrate wins. Happy Holidays!
Angeli Zhao
Welcome! It depends on what your goal is. If you are part of a team and looking to launch on PH, if your just trying to gain insight or connect with new people etc...
Zoya K
Hi, Guys webRemarks is giving one year free subscription gift on this new year for product hunt users. We have limited Promo codes let us know who wanna to take this gift.
Jasper Ruijs
1. When someone says helpful anything, go to their PH profile and connect with them on Linkedin or Twitter. 2. PH is a marketing game on its own. Therefore you could use the insight of launches on Appsumo, but building a community on Discord, etc., is different. 3. Do not take everyone's advice at face value; just because they launched successfully once does not mean they understand the principles of Producthunt that experienced hunter does. 4. Do not follow people on Producthunt, or your notifications will get spammed; instead, let people follow you. 5. Most discussions are about people selling their upcoming launch or product. Refrain from assuming they are interested in your answer; this is just a tactic to get more followers and have more algorithmic weight during their launches. 6. Do not make it about yourself when you answer a question. Give them what they need and remove the rest. 7. If you go to launch and upvote while not clicking on the link, you hurt the product makes because the algorithm registers this as not a valuable launch. Be sure to actually test the product and come back with helpful feedback. 8. If you have a question or MVP idea, post it in the discussions; 9/10 when people connect with you, it is for like-trading, meaning they will ask you to sign up for their PH Ship, or that will reach you when the launch happens. 9. Go once or twice a week to the website, don't spend too much time here with the majority of people trying to sell to you indirectly.