Hybrid or Remote: Which one do you think is more efficient?

Naime Yel
46 replies

Replies

Gianluca d'Ottavio
Full remote or always in the office/hub with the team. Why Full remote? Because we can manage all through remotely. Even if we have to do design testing or app/product testing we can do it directly with Build with Theta buildwiththeta.com
Hassan Ram Gaba
In my opinion, a hybrid is better, but the ideal option is a mixture of hybrid and remote, when an employee goes to the office one or several days a week, but this is not mandatory and, if necessary, he can alternate hybrid mode and full remote (a kind of hybrid when an employee has no obligations to go to the office)
Naime Yel
@ramhassan Your opinion aligns with a growing trend in the modern workplace known as a flexible or hybrid work model. Many organizations have been adopting this approach to accommodate various employee preferences and needs, especially in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, which accelerated the adoption of remote work.
Nathan May
@ramhassan I agree hybrid is the best approach. There are some meetings / working sessions where in-office is much more efficient. But in general I'm more efficient at home. The commute, not getting caught up in office conversations, etc. I probably get back an extra hour or two a day just from that.
Olena Bomko
Remote for me. I can work with clients all over the world :)
Mia Lam
Remote. You can choose the best location and atmosphere for yourself
Both can work great. It is all about processes and team.
Louis Garnier
@serhii_uspenskyi there is nothing else left to say..
Eugenia Bud
I have tried both and hands down - hybrid is the best. I am now doing 100% remote and God do I miss just simple small talk to people, seeing their faces and feeling their energy!
Kevin
hybrid is better
Artyom Sviridov
For me it's hybrid, because sometimes you just need to leave the four walls of your cozy room.
Mehdad Hossain
Remote is the future! However, it's important to consider the specific context and needs of your team or organization. Some factors to consider when deciding between hybrid or remote work include the nature of your work, team dynamics, and individual preferences. To make an informed decision, it would be helpful to gather insights from professionals who have experience with both hybrid and remote work environments. I recommend checking out articles from reputable sources like Harvard Business Review, Forbes, and Fast Company. These publications often feature case studies and expert opinions that can provide valuable insights into the pros and cons of each approach. Additionally, it would be great to hear from other ProductHunt community members who have experience with hybrid or remote work. Has your team recently transitioned to a hybrid or remote work model? What challenges did you face and how did you address them? What tools or strategies have you found effective in maintaining productivity and collaboration? Let's have a discussion about the specific challenges and benefits of hybrid and remote work arrangements. Share your thoughts, experiences, and any advice you have for others considering these options. Let's tap into the collective wisdom of the ProductHunt community to gain a deeper understanding of the efficiency and effectiveness of hybrid and remote work models!
André J
Launching soon!
Depends on the task
Remote option seems more efficient since you have place where you are based with no outside stimulation, however it does get dull sometimes and the only way to break the monotony is to go to the office 1-2x per week.
Adam Cohen Hillel
Hybrid; going to the office is so important to people's mental wellbeing, and since 2020 very undervalued
Dennis Aronov
It depends on the person. Some people are able to focus better alone and without the distractions of an office. They like the consistency of doing that every day. Going to the office sometimes can be frustrating and feel like it breaks their focus. However, the exact opposite can be true for someone. Being remote full-time can be boring and frustrating and the office brings a reprieve from the mundanity of full remote work.
Nick Anisimov
Definitely a hybrid. I know people who only like to work from the office, but sometimes they need to work from home. The same goes for fully remote work. Part of our team is sometimes asked to work in the office.
I think Hybrid! But how exactly? IMO companies setting up Hybrid culture saying you have to come to the office twice/thrice a week is equivalent to WFO for me. You cannot plan to work from anywhere remotely in this situation. But hybrid setup where you have to go to the office for 1 week in a month gives you more flexibility to decide where you wanna work from! Just a thought!
For me it's hybrid. I believe you need in person feedback and also to be able to brainstorm with your team and exchange ideas. Plus let's face it - I think each and every one of us becomes a liiiitle more lazy at home haha so knowing you have to go to office, even once a week might give you that additional boost of motivation
Chloe Cloudlett
I'm in favor of a hybrid, but only in the version when a person has to choose when he wants to work remotely. A clear schedule is cool, but if on this particular day the weather conditions are such that you want to work from home and you are forced to go, it's so.