How to get featured on Product Hunt? Pro Tips 🚀💡

Ghulam Abbas
63 replies
If your product launch isn't getting featured on Product Hunt, it could be because you didn't put in enough effort. Ranking on Product Hunt can be affected by many factors. Here are some things you can try to improve your chances of getting featured: 💡 Prepare The best Product Hunt launches take weeks of preparation, including having a website and content ready. 💡 Engage Persistence and ongoing interaction with the community can help improve your visibility and ranking. You can try responding to comments, sharing updates and seeking feedback. 💡 Promote You can promote your launch through email, social media and relevant online communities. 💡 Time your launch The best time to launch is 12:01 AM on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. You should launch after you have a small following. 💡 Optimize your content Make sure your post's content is optimized. 💡 Embed Product Hunt badge You can embed product hunt badge on your website. 💡 Find a hunter to hunt your product You can try getting a Product Hunt insider to hunt your product. 💡 Create a video demo You can try creating a 30sec video demo and introducing the founder and product features. 💡 Be online You can try being online all day commenting and upvoting. 💡 Reach out to other Product Makers You can try reaching out to other Product Makers to build your profile. 💡 PH Launch Booster Feel free to download my PDF "PH Launch Booster" for more helpful and useful information. You can find the link to the document on my profile page. Please let me know in the comments if I missed something.

Replies

Adams Parker
Interesting!! If you already completed the above mentioned steps and still you dont feature than what should we do?
Matteo Magliozzi
@adams_parker Did you follow all these steps without being featured? We're launching in a few hours and we'll need the support of everyone who thinks it could be a useful product. I invite you to check it out and let me know what you think, we're almost ready. Thank you.
Hossein Yazdi
Thanks for the tips Ghulam! I guess the first 2 are everything, they're the most vital points!
Matteo Magliozzi
@hosseinyazdi Very interesting project WebCurate.co, can I ask how many people are on the platform and what marketing strategy have you pursued? PH definitely fits your product perfectly given that the foundational mechanics are somewhat similar here too. Today we'll be launching our platform here on PH, it would be highly valuable to have your feedback given your experience here on PH and if you're interested in the project, a follow or upvote, thank you.
Chris Liam
Thanks. These tips will sure help me in our launch.
Franklin Mayoyo
Overall, putting in the prep work is crucial for maximizing your exposure. Really appreciate you putting together this checklist!
Sree
Thank you for the advice! Will surely keep this in mind.
gionata capasso
What if you have 2 days to market your launch cause of a challenge? 😅 Just pray ( personal experience ). If you have any better solutions would love it !
gionata capasso
@abbas143official i'm trying, i hope will be worthy for tomorrow. Thank you!❤️
Lassi Koivisto
We're scheduled to launch in a few weeks, so the timing of this post is perfect. Great content man!
Absolutely, Ghulam! Getting featured on Product Hunt largely hinges on presenting your product in a compelling way, ensuring it's polished and ready for the spotlight, and engaging with the community to build anticipation and support.
Rohit Joshi
Great tip shared Ghulam
Rodney Manor
Love the tips about timing and engaging actively with the community. We’ll put this into action and see how it goes!
Rodney Manor
@matteo_magliozzi Hey Matteo. Thanks for asking. This is my project I launched today: https://www.producthunt.com/post...
Matteo Magliozzi
@rodney_manor I've just upvoted! I'm also going to comment on it right now. I'm going to launch mine in a few hours, and I'd really appreciate it if you would join.
Ieva Lipska
Really useful tips - thanks for taking the time to share!
Ashley Flynn
Thank you for the tips!
Matteo Magliozzi
@ashley_flynn I saw that you're a co-founder of ProprOffr, finally a platform that allows the creation of a listing that must be built and makes it harder for scammers to come in and do as they please. Great idea!
Alicia Hazdovac Yanosik
Thank you for the tips, Ghulam! I'm a dentist, not a career/trained entrepreneur, and this will be my first product launch. I am trying to learn as much as possible to have a successful launch, and I think this post was a good starting point for me :)
Ghulam Abbas
@alicia_2th Thank you! You may get free my PDF (PH Launch Booster) for more helpful information. Find the link on my profile page.
Yuki
@alicia_2th Alicia that's so awesome! Similar to you im a full time employee this'll be my first launch, awesome to see someone in a similar camp!
Paulius
These are great tips! Thanks!
Vitor Seabra
Engaging and promoting is definetely the hardest part. It requires an one-on-one approach, explaining, taking doubts out, asking for feedbacks, etc. And by the way, we are about to launch our product here. Pluga is an easy and friendly no-code automation platform. Anyone can integrate hundreds of different systems in under 2 minutes. Click here my 'Launching soon' badge and get notified
Filippo Calabrese
On the road to launch RecruitPage (https://www.producthunt.com/prod...) in a couple of weeks from now. I'm really happy to see that even if this is my first launch it looks like I moved right! Thank you so much!
Marienelle Cano
Wow! Thanks for this Ghulam! we are about to launch very soon and I saw this. Maybe the universe are telling us to be featured! hehe