How to find beta testers?

Slim Geransar
9 replies
Any thoughts on finding beta testers for a platform? Most forums, groups, online communities prohibit "self promotion". I have asked my network, but would love to get a larger sample. Thanks!

Replies

Mike Kennedy
I got mine on Reddit before the community restricted self-promotion. You can usually get select posts approved by the subreddit admin though in a lot of communities, especially if you are offering your beta for free.
Carmela Padasas
Look for your target audience, then emails and DMs.
Claus
Hey Slim Geransar, Finding beta testers can indeed be a formidable challenge, especially when faced with the constraints of online communities' strict anti-self-promotion policies. However, fret not, for I've walked the treacherous path of beta testing myself, and I've got some sagacious advice to share. 1. Seek the Shadows of Reddit: While self-promotion is frowned upon, Reddit harbors numerous subreddits, like r/alphaandbetausers, where you can discreetly present your project to a relevant audience. Craft a compelling, non-promotional pitch, and you might just summon enthusiastic beta testers. 2. Hone Your Pitch: When reaching out to potential testers, emphasize the value your platform offers and how their involvement will make it even better. People are drawn to projects with a clear vision and tangible benefits. 3. Leverage LinkedIn: Engage in meaningful discussions within LinkedIn groups relevant to your industry. Establish yourself as a knowledgeable contributor, and subtly introduce your beta testing opportunity when the timing feels right. 4. Recruit Through Discord: Many gaming and tech communities thrive on Discord. Engage with these groups, get to know the members, and once you're a familiar face, you can introduce your platform's beta testing program. 5. Offer Incentives: People love incentives. Consider offering early access, exclusive features, or even small rewards to sweeten the deal for potential testers. And speaking of automation testing, you might find "Automation Tester Roles And Responsibilities: How To Be Successful In 2023?" an insightful resource for understanding the evolving landscape of testing roles and responsibilities. It could provide valuable insights into what testers can expect in the coming year. Remember, the key is to be discreet, offer genuine value, and establish yourself as a trustworthy contributor to the online communities you approach.
Yokiiiii
Thank you for sharing. Also hope to learn.🙏
zuhaib ashfaq
I was thinking of leveraging the existing emails of people who have subscribed to the newsletter or Waitlist for my product. It can act as an early-bird access where you ask them for feedback and gain valuable insights.
@zuhaib_ashfaq that’s it great!! I didn’t have anyone one a waitlist so had to go find people. If you have people already then I agree, you can definitely give them some value