How to delegate things like a PRO?

Alara Akcasiz
18 replies

Replies

Hari K. Murthy
Everything comes with an experience. Fail fast and pick yourself up! - You'll be a super pro
Mayank Malviya
@harimurthy Indeed, this is the best way, fail fail fail till you get it right.
Chetan Natesh
Do the work in which you are the best, delegate the rest! DO NOT try to do everything, justify taking up a task yourself. Everything must be done by your team BUT the question of answering where the company will be in 5 years - that is completely your responsibility - never stop thinking about it!
Juan Sandoval
I would recommend using a Business Process Management Tool. BPM (Business Process Management) tools are designed to help companies by providing a platform where project managers can: Centralize and access their data instantly. Receive real-time feedback of the work being performed Optimize business processes Having instant access of every step of your business process will make it easy for you to delegate tasks and still be able to monitor progress.
Peter Margaritis
4 Ways to Delegate Like a Pro. 1.Define the task clearly. 2.Give the necessary authority through trust. 3.Ask questions to ensure comprehension at the onset. 4.Schedule check-ins.
Yash
Launching soon!
Not before you do it yourself. Get your hands dirty -> Build a pattern -> document it -> train the individual to lead the activity going forward -> let them handle it (continue to monitor and support) -> let them independently do it -> tell them to repeat and let them take up more responsibilities :)
@yashthakker this is my favorite. It takes time and effort at the beginning but, it's better when you delegate it. It will probably require less control
Mayank Malviya
'Delegating doesn’t mean passing off work you don’t enjoy, but letting your employees stretch their skills and judgement' Hence the best way to delegate something is to understand your team and what they are best at and whether you can rely on them for the assigned task or you need someone more experienced person to perform the same. Also you need to have the golden 4W rule in mind to execute this properly.
Rupal Sharma
I think showing appreciation wherever necessary, and the trust you keep in your colleagues for respective tasks speak volumes
Fatema Dahiwala
3 Best ways to delegate like a pro are: 1. Trust somebody who is good at it 2. Take suggestions from everybody and then choose the best of it 3. Plan everything in advance so you always have time to correct yourself before it’s too late.
Toh Xue Zun
Insightful thread. 1. Do the task you want to assign by yourself first 2. Understand the skillset needed for the task 3. Understand the skillset of each individual 4. Schedule catch ups 5. Trust the person in charge of the task
Aishwarya Naudiyal
Delegation is very important as one person can hope to have enough capacity to accomplish every business-boosting tactic on a regular basis. Following are the steps that will make delegation easier: Step 1: Begin the ask with an action statement and an objective. Make sure your action statement is specific enough that the direction of the task is clear. Step 2: Include key factors in order to specify further exactly what you’re looking for with this task, and make the results measurable. Step 3: Ask for their opinion on this new task. Perhaps they will need further clarification, or training, or will have an objection. In any case, it’s essential to get their feedback so that they feel included in the decision and buy into the results. Step 4: Find out what they need in order to get started, and make a plan to provide them with it.
Jacopo Lai
Be sure about the skills of your team members and trust their abilities. I've seen people not trusting their team and failing on doing everything themselves. Give them their work and inspire them to use their skills to the best use. Trust and appreciation are the key factors.
Saurabh Wadhawan
i like to maintain my own trello board with each swimlane for a resource I am working with. maintain their delivrables and tasks in a prioritised order (religiously like 5 times a day revisiting and optimising) and have quick 10 minute calls twice a day with them. Takes about couple of hours but clears work off my bandwidth like a PRO :)
Anne Broadwin
on top of any skills as mentioned above... the most important is your inner self. Be confident about yourself so you don't feel losing control during delegation