how to create partnerships with other startup owners ?

Reda Boubk
28 replies
I start posting and replying on Twitter for a week the problem is sometimes some startup owners think they're superstars, I'm not talking about spamming them on DM just trying to make a helpful conversation with them on their tweets any help?

Replies

Abdullah Alka Kandilli
It is a problem. I realized the same kind of thing at a big startup event. I visited some of the startup stands, and they are just checking your card, and if there is a "startup" sign, they don't even look at your face. They are just checking the "investor" title. But in Paris, it was different; all startups were really cooperative. You can connect with other startup founders via discord, slack communities, and your network recommendation.
Tom
@a.kandilli Are you talking about the Big Event by BPI in Paris ?
Reda Boubk
@a.kandilli thanks for sharing your story, some people don't care about new startup owners, all they want is getting a talk with investors!
Sydney McLaughlin
@a.kandilli what slack communities do you use?
Darwin Binesh
I can share a relevant story with you. I run a newsletter and feature some startups for free in exchange for them sharing it to help it grow. The newsletter has already been growing 3x every month - but I thought this would help. Made an offer by posting that I would do free features for people. It was in a slack group. Asked people to dm me if interested. People left msgs like: "if you do xyz it'll help with your pitch." The keyword is pitch. I don't see myself as pitching. In my head I'm doing something nice for free in exchange for a boost - seems like nbd - what's one or two RTs on Twitter? Right? Wrong. Many business owners try to look as if they don't need anybody. Especially online. Helps them negotiate (the side who needs it less usually gets a better deal). The thing is, they do, and they know it. They just don't want to show it. When you hold yourself in high regard, other people take notice. Especially in the beginning when it's natural to doubt yourself. I think partnerships would be easier if you had a structured offer. If you clearly solve problems, everyone will want to make a partnership with you. Until then, msging people with nice things to say makes them believe you want something from them. My suggestion is to be upfront. "I run xyz, and it offers these benefits. I think it'd be a good fit for us to partner on this." I've been doing more of this, and it works because their benefits are so good in this case. My advice is to take an approach like this. I hope that helps!! Good luck!
Reda Boubk
@darwin_binesh thanks , i have one question can you give me your newsletter link ?
Chetan Natesh
LinkedIn is also good, worth it to try premium for a month - people are generally more responsive too.
Leo J Barnett
Other than knowledge sharing, what other key positives do you see startup partnerships providing? Perhaps many are unaware of the opportunities they could have.
Sven Radavics
I've built a platform specifically for brands to partner with each other. This covers all sorts of brands, not just startups, but it includes quite a lot of startups. Check out intribe.co if you like
Aleksandr V
Hi Reda! I think it's a bit too early to make conclusions just after a week. Consistency is the key. Also, do not be afraid of "no". Just keep working on your message and approach. Polish it and do again. Success!
T. Neulaender
Tbh I think most see their startup as a company. A lot of startups also have more stuff to do than time, so the time spent must be evaluated quickly (and sometimes based on very shorttime benefits). Having a nice conversation bringen all further in the long run doesn't fulfill these shortterm requirement. Another problem might be, that especially Twitter is highly restricted regarding it's content length. Having real useful conversation is not impossible, but a lot harder than in other channels.
Burleson Petter c
we are pleased to present to you our service we are gold seller and exporting company from mali actually we specialized in gold dust and gold bars I'm contacting you to know if you be interested in our bulk of gold on contract basis. it has good quality and purity.... below are the price and gold specification Quality ....15-20kg Carat......23+ purity ...... 99.99% price ...….$33,000 kg Origin.... Mali Regards Montero petter burlesonpetterc@gmail.com
Roger Gray
I've built a platform specifically for brands to partner with each other. This covers all sorts of brands, not just startups, but it includes quite a lot of startups. From here you can approach that platform: https://namecombinertool.com/
Nilan Saha
Well, there are a couple of things I want to say about this. When reaching out for help I always make sure that it's someone who is more or less in my weight class or has a really big benefit out of helping me. I am less likely to reach out to someone who is incredibly more successful that I am unless there is a clear cut benefit for them. I think that is okay. If you keep these two things in mind and manage expectations it will help a lot.
Anastasiia K
I have recently discovered the community and the events of Startup Grind. https://www.startupgrind.com/ Can recommend it for networking and learning :)
Darrell V. Dukes
I've built a platform specifically for brands to partner with each other. This covers all sorts of brands, not just startups, but it includes quite a lot of startups. From here you can approach that platform: https://advancedwindowglassrepai...
Artyom Ananov | Smart Solutions AI
Hey guys, I think PH is a great place to share you vision of partnership, here's ours. We are a SaaS web app, focusing on creating different content snippets: SEO articles, social posts and product descriptions. We are currently looking for a strategic partner to integrate our product description generation service in their eCommerce-targeted product (as an upsell/additional product) and share profit from sales. Feel free to hit me up!