How to compete against companies with previous launches?

Vitor Seabra
7 replies
This is something that constantly bothers me. I'm not sure which companies are launching on the same day as mine, however, I've noticed that some of them are established players here in PH, with 4 or 5 previous launches and lots of followers. Pluga is doing this for the first time, and so far, I have managed to engage 170 people to follow us. These other companies have 2k to 3k followers. What would you recommend to compete with these giants?

Replies

André J
Launching soon!
They get a boost for sure. But a good product can easily out compete them by just being a more interesting product. So the most effective thing you can do is make and present your product in the most interesting way possible. I don't think people with 4-5 previous launches are able to constantly produce interesting products, so should be easy game. 💪
Daniel Zaitzow
I think the narrative around competing with big products or ones with multiple launches is a microcosm for the market at large ... how will you compete with X company that has X million in funding when you're a bootstrapped XYZ. Success on PH is more so related to visibility for people in the community VS a medium to drive sales (in my opinion).. If you want to win product of the day you could think of: - promoting and reaching out early and often - maybe even pushing your launch date? - launching on a weekend when traction is lower / visibility is lower BUT ranking likelihood as a byproduct is much higher.. so if product of the day is what you're after.. something to think about. - Set expectations - you don't need to compete with google to be a good web browser - really own your niche and lean into it.
Gurkaran Singh
Facing off against companies with multiple launches under their belt is like challenging a seasoned chess player to a match - daunting yet thrilling! To level the playing field, showcase Pluga's unique value proposition, engage with your 170 dedicated followers, and remember, it's not about the number of moves but the strategy behind each one that secures victory.