How much work experience did you have before starting your own business?

Ankur Singh
16 replies

Replies

Yassen Shopov
It was a bit of a mixed bag for myself, since I have always been working on side-hustle programming projects and using them as content for my job applications - so it always went hand-in-hand. Most recently, after 1.5 years of being in the Web Dev space professionally, I launched my website builder Inkmorphism
Daniel Hunt
A few years. There's definitely a lot of soft skills that can be learnt in almost any job that will transfer when starting your own business, but at the same time as long as you have a growth mindset I think you could get by without (though some maturity definitely required!)
Igor Lysenko
I worked as a programmer.
Nick Anisimov
Zero. I started at the age of 15. 😅
Ethan Ross
Had about 5 years working in various tech roles. Gave me a decent foundation before taking the plunge into my own startup.
Harsh Maheshwari
Almost 2 years but I strongly believe that, When you start pursuing the startup your past experience add only 20% rest 80% things you learn when you face the challenges.
Elena Tsemirava
The first business I started with 17 years of experience.
Maria Hagsten
6 years in publishing working with ebooks and 6 years as a Product Designer. Though I wish I had had the courage to do it sooner, as it's so much more motivating and inspiring to work on my own project. Fingers crossed that I can keep at it.
nothing😔
Ivan Dudin
10 years in internet marketing. Even before that, 8 years of IT engineer in top retail companies.
Zulfi Husain
currently still working (been working professionally for 4 years), and attempting to launch my app now. I think my work experience definitely has helped in terms of understanding software development, product decisions, and in some aspects listening in on different marketing strategies.
Praveen Pendyala
About 6 years combined at Google and Microsoft. Launching for the first time on Product Hunt tomorrow.