How many non AI founders here?

Slim Geransar
43 replies
I feel lately AI is becoming a buzzword in marketing. Full credit to those implementing and training full scale AI to solve a problem. Any non AI founders here like me?

Replies

Rakshith Ravi
What a lot of people fail to understand is that AI isnโ€™t a solution. Itโ€™s a tool to provide a solution. What value is being provided to users is whatโ€™s more important, regardless of whether itโ€™s augmented by AI or not
Tyler Scott
While it could technically fall under the umbrella of "AI", what I'm working on is projects that utilize computer vision. I think a lot of the AI buzz today is really just wrappers for LLMs which is something I haven't really pursued yet. TipBuddy will be my first release. It's an automated tip calculator mobile app that utilizes a user's phone camera to look at a bill's total and automatically calculate the tip and total. It can also split a tip both equally and proportionally as well as a few other features.
Matej Cabadaj
I completely agree with you! And here I am, a fellow non-AI founder :) good luck!
James Frank
Numerous non-AI founders are present.
Jaxon Smith
"Absolutely, I resonate with your sentiment! As a non-AI founder myself, I appreciate the value of genuine problem-solving. It's great to connect with fellow founders navigating the landscape sans AI. Cheers to innovation in various forms! ๐Ÿš€ #NonAIFounders"
Jen Anderson
Yep. It doesn't make sense to use it in the app I'm launching. And as a veteran of the dot com bubble and crash, I'm pretty leery of the next big thing.
@jen_from_accomplist donโ€™t get me wrong plenty of place for AI and how itโ€™s improving productivity. But can you really call it a legitimate AI software? Term is being thrown around like candy on Halloween. Welcome to the club! Just followed you
Konrad S.
My pruduct App Finder is an advanced search engine for Android apps that currently only uses keyword search (based on PostgreSQL) and works much more reliably than the Play Store search. However, I plan to implement AI-based natural-language search as an alternative soon.
@konrad_sx ooh going to the dark side? Just kidding. If it makes sense then absolutely!! Kudos to making it happen!
Konrad S.
@slimmy82 Yes, I think for search engines one should have both options, AI search, and somthing like keyword search where you know and understand exactly what the algorithm does. After all, we love computers since they are so very reliable and predictable...
Junaid Khan
Non-AI-founder here ๐Ÿ‘‹. I agree - AI has become a buzzword lately. But, the market will soon regulate itself. At the end of the day, your product should solve a problem - AI or non-AI
swadin
๐Ÿ–๏ธ
Agrima Sharma
I have the same question! Is there anyone who is a non-AI founder or product?
Terrence Kelleman
not only non Ai, I'm a consumer durable goods designer so twice out of my element! lol
Elly
Here๐Ÿ‘‹
Constantine Stan.
โœ‹ Yup, that's me potentially!
Barry Zheng
Absolutely, AI has indeed become a buzzword, often used in marketing to capture attention. As a non-AI founder, it's interesting to navigate a tech landscape where AI is increasingly prominent. While AI solutions offer incredible advantages, there's still immense value in traditional, non-AI approaches, especially in industries where personalized, human touch is key. That said, even non-AI businesses can benefit from understanding AI trends. For example, my exploration of GPTBLOX, which categorizes over 8,000 GPTs. It's intriguing to see how these technologies evolve and can be used even in non-AI fields. How do you think non-AI founders can leverage the growing AI trend to enhance their businesses without necessarily implementing AI directly?
Ankur Sharma
โœ‹ But soon I am planning to implement AI.
@ankur_sharma20 going over to the dark side? Just kidding, definitely exciting time with what AI can do!
Boudewijn Bos
๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿฝ trying to be the best t best thing after the digital payments boom with Fryda! No AI needed for now - just trying to prolong physical products life and value ๐Ÿ’œ
@boudewijn_bos nice, do you think eventually there will need for AI in your product?
Boudewijn Bos
@slimmy82 yes in the long run it might help adding products more automatically (saw something in the OpenAI day that could help) but I am developing to suit every ouders needs - from understanding techie to average joe whom cares for safety and not too much techie fussโ€ฆbut give the app a download and let me know if you think it could add value somewhere in else! (Fryda could help you store all those Christmas gifts and their important purchase information ๐Ÿ’œ)