How many hours do you typically work in a day?

Viola Schoell
57 replies

Replies

Chalie Clark
I work 7 to 9 hours a day.
Mohan N
9 hours in blocks of 1.5 hrs with 30 min breaks
Mohan N
@viola_s thsi how i break my 11.5 hrs working on my startup start at 8 :00 and finish at 19:30 - fairly normal in India
Debajit Sarkar
It varies, depending on the needs. I am willing to put in whatever it takes to get things done. For instance, two months ago I worked for 70 hours in a week to ensure a crucial deliverable was on time, even though that was not my usual work load.
Viola Schoell
Launching soon!
@dsarkar I admire your strong work ethic. I am more than willing to work overtime when necessary, especially to complete important projects. However, on average, I value a good work-life balance because I have found that I am more productive this way.
Debajit Sarkar
@viola_s Viola, I appreciate your recognition of my work ethic. I am glad to hear that you are also willing to work overtime when needed, as it shows your commitment and professionalism. I hope you are able to find the right balance that works for you and your goals. Regards, Debo
Denis Kharchenko
Important question, thanks. For my part, I work (regular job + startup) 10–12 hours a day. But I try to limit this and allocate time to helpful and healthy activities for my body and mental health. Unfortunately, nowadays, the workaholic culture is very high and has a negative impact on the overall quality of life. I think it would be ideal to dedicate 6 hours to work and the remaining hours to personal development. So that's my personal goal, hah :)
Viola Schoell
Launching soon!
@denis_khar Thanks for sharing! It's great that you're mindful of maintaining a balance between work and personal well-being. Striving for a more balanced schedule sounds like a solid goal. And I absolutely understand; sometimes it works, sometimes not. I also try to maintain a good work-life balance.
Hussein Hashish
about 9-12 hrs a day. with one day off a week
Viola Schoell
Launching soon!
@hussein_hashish That sounds very interesting. So, you work four days per week and have three days off? Are you satisfied? I would love to try this work model sometime.
Hussein Hashish
@viola_s apologies for the confusion. so i work sat to thu on average for 9-10hrs Friday fam day summer time i work for 4 days, 3 days off
Elisa Tamburini
I work 8 to 10 hours for my normal job, then I also invest a lot in personal projects, at least 2 hours a day during the working week and 4 on weekends.
Ali Avci
This varies in my experience based on the complexity of the work, deadlines and how complicated a day's work is. Work life balance is key for the long run!
Sahil Kumar
10-12 hours everyday
Marvin Mändle
It totally depends but in average maybe 9-10 hours.
Igor Lysenko
I work 14 hours a day.
Rose Kentsa
It varies, depending on the flux of work.
Aisha Mushtaq
Join or Create a Game: Start by either joining a game created by someone else or creating your own game if you're a teacher or organizer. Source : https://blooketjoin-play.com/blo...
Umar Saleem
10-12 hours
Maximo Hartliness
I work about eight hours every day.
Walter E. Strunk
i work 4 hours per day
Nadia Zueva
Launching soon!
For me It really depends, as Julia also mentioned in that discussion. Sometimes I'm very productive, and 4 hours are more than enough. Other times, I feel scatterbrained and work for 8-9 hours with no significant results, especially when I'm tired
PRIYANKA MANDAL
Hey Viola, for me, it can flex depending on deadlines and workload.
Irsa Doham
For me, My office time is 8 AM to 6 PM. So, According to this time, I work 10 hours a day. and just 1 hour break.
Viola Schoell
Launching soon!
@irsa_doham That sounds like a long working day with few breaks. Do you find it difficult to concentrate throughout the day?