How long did you work on your product before launching?

Slim Geransar
25 replies
I’m going on two freaking years. Budget restraints and wasn’t technical so had to hire a team to build it. I now have a technical cofounder and gearing up to launch in early Feb (so close) How about you? How long did it take to build your product and launch? What would you do differently?

Replies

Rajesh Kandaswamy
The speed I push people are building and releasing products in this thread is amazing! 🙀🙀🙀
Lakshya Singh
We whipped up AppSave within 15 days and launched it on Product Hunt. However, Appscribed is more than a year old when the founder, Mr. Raju, started working on it.
@lakshya_singh 15 days??? That’s awesome
Karthik Tatikonda
Most of my products are info products. It usually takes 3-4 weeks for me to build and launch a product.
Kirill Grebenjukov
it would be interesting not just see how many days ere spent before launch, but also results of launch and motivation to spent exact number of days.
Chad Carlson
8months for Bloks initial launch. In terms of product readiness, would not change anything, we had an MVP product and wanted feedback, and product hunt played a huge part in taking it to an extended audience. In terms of product hunt launch, would have spent more time engaging with our existing (pre-launch) users to ensure they knew how/where to support us on PH.
Mihajlo Kovacevic
It will be about a year :)
Konstantin Bolsh
Long journey, Slim! Admire your resilence Have you got users (free or paid) for a feedback?
@kostyabolsh yes got beta users to test the platform and we made a few adjustments based on feedback. We feel we are ready for launch number 1. Just need to do final walkthrough.
Konstantin Bolsh
We iterate with prototypes. ~ 3 months to have a prototype that is OK enough to get to "design partners" to play with. Now it's a 3rd iteration. I hoped the journey will be faster :(
@kostyabolsh yeah it’s all takes time! Balance between just launching and launching something that’s perfect.
AmazingSylvia
To make sure low product crash rate and make sure we can seeing user behavior through buried points for product side.
Ryan A.
Way toooooo long. That reminds me, back to work
Julija Udodova
The rough estimate for development was 6 months, but I knew that things get postponed. So I was hoping for 9 months. Now it's over a year, but it's almost there! Launching soon 🙌
@julija_ud nice I’m launching in February. Happy to connect on LinkedIn to support each others launch
Ruslan.D
did you really ready to launch .. i mean big enough audience waiting for it ? p.s. i am single dev , and almost ready to launch, but didnt do any marketing yet and didn't build society .. so i guess its early to start here .. may be iam wrong
Anastasia Liamets
Now it’s a 2nd month building the team, the product and getting early adopters for a beta test. I believe we’ll be launching in 2 months when everything will be ready. Curious to know what you think when is the best time for this.
@nastya_liamets great that you’re moving at rapid pace! Make sure you account for results of the beta test. You may need to make some adjustments based off of feedback. Also recommend using Hotjar as a tool to track users journey through the platform to understand where the bottlenecks are. Your product doesn’t need to be perfect for launch, but make sure it solves the problem as quickly and easily as possible and initial beta users are happy.
Anastasia Liamets
@slimmy82 thank you so much! super valuable insights, especially about collecting feedback + hotjar, will take it into account for sure