How do you wind down after a busy day? 🧘

Jason Andries
52 replies
I was hanging out with some friends this weekend and we were talking about our job and how to relax after a busy day. I was kind of astonished by the fact that they frequently have a hard time putting aside their work to wind down after a busy day. They often can't find a way to completely let go of work and focus on their private lives. What usually helps me is going to the gym or meeting with friends because I'm a social butterfly with a lot of energy. How do you wind down after a busy day and recharge for the next one?

Replies

Savannah Holmes
After work, do something to help you release the stress from the day. Meditating, exercising, stretching, or taking a nap or short walk are all great options to transition.
Jason Andries
@savanna7070 They're all great ways to relax indeed!
Indu Thangamuthu
Until the task is complete, it's hard for me too to put my mind aside and relax. I sometimes start with office works after all works and dinner, and proceed until I feel sleepy. But these days, I try to relax by listening to late night radio shows and songs
Jason Andries
@indu_thangamuthu Music can definitely help you relax! What radio shows or songs are you listening to at night?
Sanjay Somashekar
Mostly I catch up with my friends, explore some new food places that have opened recently or work on a different project altogether that takes my mind off a busy day
Jason Andries
@sanjay_somashekar Catching up with friends and trying out new food places are some of my favorite things as well!
Raju Singh
Being an entrepreneur, the day end looks like a beginning most of the time with a lot of ideas floating around. However, taking long walks while listening to my favorite songs helps me make a quick map of the day and take a chill break but nothing works better for me than spending time with my little ones :)
Jason Andries
@imraju Those are definitely great ways to shift your focus and take a chill break!
Sherry Xena
I usually go to play some casual games or watch some videos to relax myself. When I leave my job, I try not to think about things related to work
Jason Andries
@sherryxena Nice! Are you playing video games or board games then?
Rocky Wilson
Having a sound sleep
Jason Andries
@rocky12 That's a great way to wind down indeed
Sebastian Kenneth
playing football with friends
Jason Andries
@sebastian_kenneth Physical activity works best for me as well, and combining it with spending some time with friends is even better
Anoir Houmou
It's difficult to unwind after a busy day as I'm always getting new ideas
Jason Andries
@anoirhoumou The flip side of being an entrepreneur!
Moon
After work, I do something to help me release the stress from the day. Meditating, exercising, stretching, or taking a nap or short walk are all great options to transition. Whatever it is, have a transition routine that tells you the busy day is over and it is time to wind down
Jason Andries
@moon10 Great advice about having a routine, I never thought about this before. Now that you mention it, I also recognize a pattern and routine in my behavior. Thanks for sharing!
Moon
@jason_andries1 You're welcome! I'm glad to hear that you found my advice useful. Establishing a routine can be a great way to help you stay organized and productive, and it can also help you feel more balanced and grounded. It's always a good idea to take some time to reflect on your habits and routines, and to make adjustments as needed to better support your well-being and goals. If you have any other questions or would like to discuss this further, please don't hesitate to ask.
JG
listening to music or netflix
Jason Andries
@julia_gutkind Do you have any specific genres you prefer or is it just whatever you feel like listening to/watching that moment?
JG
@jason_andries1 it depends on the day and mood, but usually it's positive! :D
Ágh Helmut
Music, Reading & Physical exercise 😀
Jason Andries
@aghhelmut Great ways to wind down indeed!
Mathieu Cazarre
sports & meditation are good
Jason Andries
@mathis_dumas Two amazing ways to clear your head!
Lydia Cohen
Hang out on the street for a while, eat some good food, then go home and sleep. Listen to some music before going to bed.
Joanne Rebecca
hang out with friend or watch movie
Jason Andries
@joanne_rebecca I love seeing friends, they can really take your mind off of things
Justin Haut
Yoga! Down Dog app is absolute 🔥 Namaste.
Jason Andries
@laura_henry Naps are the best. However, if I take a nap after work I can't sleep at night
Fiona Clara
Turn off all notifications of group chats
Jason Andries
@fiona_clara That's a great tip, I should do this as well sometimes!
Anna Chen
I watch TV shows and movies, which is old fashioned but very effective. If there is no video I want to watch, I will watch my plants.