How do you wind down after a busy day? 🧘

Jason Andries
52 replies
I was hanging out with some friends this weekend and we were talking about our job and how to relax after a busy day. I was kind of astonished by the fact that they frequently have a hard time putting aside their work to wind down after a busy day. They often can't find a way to completely let go of work and focus on their private lives. What usually helps me is going to the gym or meeting with friends because I'm a social butterfly with a lot of energy. How do you wind down after a busy day and recharge for the next one?

Replies

JG
listening to music or netflix
Jason Andries
@julia_gutkind Do you have any specific genres you prefer or is it just whatever you feel like listening to/watching that moment?
Indu Thangamuthu
Until the task is complete, it's hard for me too to put my mind aside and relax. I sometimes start with office works after all works and dinner, and proceed until I feel sleepy. But these days, I try to relax by listening to late night radio shows and songs
Jason Andries
@indu_thangamuthu Music can definitely help you relax! What radio shows or songs are you listening to at night?
Sanjay Somashekar
Mostly I catch up with my friends, explore some new food places that have opened recently or work on a different project altogether that takes my mind off a busy day
Jason Andries
@sanjay_somashekar Catching up with friends and trying out new food places are some of my favorite things as well!
Raju Singh
Being an entrepreneur, the day end looks like a beginning most of the time with a lot of ideas floating around. However, taking long walks while listening to my favorite songs helps me make a quick map of the day and take a chill break but nothing works better for me than spending time with my little ones :)
Sherry Xena
I usually go to play some casual games or watch some videos to relax myself. When I leave my job, I try not to think about things related to work
Jason Andries
@sherryxena Nice! Are you playing video games or board games then?
Rocky Wilson
Having a sound sleep
Sebastian Kenneth
playing football with friends
Jason Andries
@sebastian_kenneth Physical activity works best for me as well, and combining it with spending some time with friends is even better
Anoir Houmou
It's difficult to unwind after a busy day as I'm always getting new ideas
Moon
After work, I do something to help me release the stress from the day. Meditating, exercising, stretching, or taking a nap or short walk are all great options to transition. Whatever it is, have a transition routine that tells you the busy day is over and it is time to wind down
Jason Andries
@moon10 Great advice about having a routine, I never thought about this before. Now that you mention it, I also recognize a pattern and routine in my behavior. Thanks for sharing!
Moon
@jason_andries1 You're welcome! I'm glad to hear that you found my advice useful. Establishing a routine can be a great way to help you stay organized and productive, and it can also help you feel more balanced and grounded. It's always a good idea to take some time to reflect on your habits and routines, and to make adjustments as needed to better support your well-being and goals. If you have any other questions or would like to discuss this further, please don't hesitate to ask.
Ágh Helmut
Music, Reading & Physical exercise πŸ˜€
Mathieu Cazarre
sports & meditation are good
Lydia Cohen
Hang out on the street for a while, eat some good food, then go home and sleep. Listen to some music before going to bed.
Joanne Rebecca
hang out with friend or watch movie
Jason Andries
@joanne_rebecca I love seeing friends, they can really take your mind off of things
Savannah Holmes
After work, do something to help you release the stress from the day. Meditating, exercising, stretching, or taking a nap or short walk are all great options to transition.
Justin Haut
Yoga! Down Dog app is absolute πŸ”₯ Namaste.
Fiona Clara
Turn off all notifications of group chats
Anna Chen
I watch TV shows and movies, which is old fashioned but very effective. If there is no video I want to watch, I will watch my plants.