How do you train yourself to be consistent?

Ericka Gonzalez
14 replies

Replies

James Hallahan
Small little habits compounded. Start with a consistent bed time. Then a consistent wake time. All of a sudden, you are consistent and disciplined with sleep. Then move to a consistent morning routine (does not need to be complex - could be as simple as going for a walk the moment you wake up). Little habits start to build and form consistency.
Hashir Ahmed
I think less about it and perform whatever's necessary
Jane Alexander
Consistency is built through setting clear goals, creating a routine, and embracing small, consistent actions every day.
Donald Allen
Consistency is built through setting clear goals, creating a routine, staying motivated, and embracing the process of continuous improvement.
Manoosh Majdzadeh
It might not be the very first thing everybody would say, but here I am. Years and years ago I started disciplining myself into having a sleep and workout routine and since then I can say that has been one of the major reasons why I can keep my consistency at almost everything I do. :-)
Raisa Shafiyyullah
First, do and finish the small things right away. This will give you a sense of self-satisfaction for completing your tasks. Eventually, you will unconsciously become more productive and consistent in working towards your goals.
Aneesh Gupta
I try to note down my activities for the day with time blocks. Ensure they get done and then move on to the next. Breaking it up into small tasks.
Rana Ahmed Waheed
To train yourself to be consistent: set clear goals, create a routine, break tasks down, stay organized, stay motivated, practice discipline, learn from setbacks, seek support, and celebrate achievements along the way.
Venessa Perez
I love my TODO lists because they help me stay consistent even when my motivation wanes. As @hashir_ahmed1 mentioned it becomes about thinking less and getting it done as as things get done my motivation bolsters gain! I've use Daily Notes templates in my Obsidian Notes as my reminder of why I am doing things. Each daily note has my "reasons for doing" and my baseline todo list. It's been absolutely wonderful way to reset my thinking daily. I remind myself that consistency does not mean doing the same thing, the same way, every day. It's about ebbs and flows and as long as you're more doing it than not things will continue to move forward.
Mei
By giving yourself the grace and flexibility to miss a day if life gets in the way.
Zoe Stetsenko
Planning and checklists help me a lot
Matthew Lock
It's about little steps. It's like when you eat a tub of ice cream, you eat it little by little. If you try to eat it all in one sitting, you feel sick and disgusting.
Ericka Gonzalez
Thank you for the great insight everyone! Iā€™m definitely going to implement some of these tips šŸ«¶šŸ»