How do you think (Current day) Google Search can be disrupted

Saurabh Wadhawan
14 replies
With ChatGPT and other similar LLM models in place, everyone is talking about how can Google Search be disrupted. I also believe Google would respond to this with newer innovations. What do you think is the future of search?

Replies

Aaron Marco Arias
Personally, I think Google should go back to doing more with less. And all the essential work it needs is technical stuff that the user won’t see but that will make a difference. A big, significant algorithm update, for instance. No more flashy features and clutter.
Priya Jamba
3 and 4 may not be mutually exclusive.
Soumya Chaturvedi
Google is into the market since long so it will for sure innovate
Sanjeev
I believe that Google is definitely working on new innovations that could potentially disrupt the chat-based search industry. However, we'll have to wait and see what actually comes out of the projects
Mayank Jain
Somehow, I feel it's more like the "autonomous cars" discussion :). Yes, there is a lot happening, but don't think Google is going anywhere.
Binay Singh
I really hope Google to come back strong while other players keep on innovating :)
Shagun Shekhar
Since Google is well-versed in the market, I believe it's bound to come up with something new and innovative.
bijal dave
Google has enough data to beat Open AI/Chat GPT at their own game.Maybe they'lll come up with something similar of their own and power up search
Sanya Sharma
Google has been around for a long time, they will definitely come up with something new.
Ariel Orbach
ChatGPT πŸ€– is set to shake up the search engine industry, as it has the potential to impact all search engines, not just Google 🌍. While ChatGPT may provide quick and convenient results, it could also lead to less authentic results πŸ€”, which could compromise the accuracy of search engines 🧐. It's important to remember that search engines like Google and Bing provide results that are common to most users about 70% of the time πŸ“Š. The widespread use of third-party software like ChatGPT could diminish the human aspect of search, leading to a poorer quality of search results πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ. On the other hand, search engines that provide all information based on specific topics rather than just the most commonly searched terms or human needs could increase usage πŸ“ˆ. An example of this type of search engine is Yippy πŸ”
Karan Soni
Google will definitely innovate
Sana Midha
I'm a Google supporter all the way!