Anil Matcha
34 replies

Replies

Daria
By setting goals for each week
Roberto Gómez - ScalarOS.com
A good system eats motivation for breakfast
Ava Campbell
By setting specific and achievable goals, I can track my progress and stay motivated as I work towards accomplishing them.
Kevin Lu
@avacamper That's a good one! Thanks for sharing! Tracking and watching the progress indeed motivates us!
Emma Bailey
Acknowledging and celebrating small achievements along the way provides a sense of accomplishment and boosts motivation to continue working towards larger goals.
Lavanya Snigdha
@bailey22_emma I love this suggestion! Yes! And be sure to share it with people who matter. It's a great way to acknowledge small strides.
Charlotte Cox
Surrounding myself with motivated individuals, reading success stories, or listening to inspiring podcasts or speeches helps me stay motivated by learning from others' experiences and achievements.
Sophia Ward
Incorporating short breaks into my routine allows me to relax, recharge, and prevent burnout, ensuring that I can sustain motivation and productivity in the long run.
Elizabeth Martinez
Focusing on the positive aspects of my journey, practicing gratitude, and reframing challenges as opportunities for growth helps me maintain a motivated and optimistic outlook.
Vladislavs Sprengels
What a interesting question. For me I would say imagining a good and bad outcome for myself 5 years from now on. The good outcome motivates you to do better and the bad outcome scares you. 😄 I didn't think of this myself. Thanks to my colleague Artis who gave this advice and for me it works!
Mark Pavlyukovskyy
By setting clear goals, celebrating small wins, and surrounding myself with a supportive community.
Renat Abyasov
I am inspired by the victories we have achieved while working on the project. For example, we now have a pre-launch page up and we still have a lot of work to do, so I feel a huge boost of motivation. Celebrate your progress every day
Alexis Khvatov
1. Regularly review your goals and progress: Reflect on your objectives and track your achievements to maintain a sense of purpose. 2. Set smaller, achievable tasks: Break up your goals into smaller tasks to make them more manageable and to feel a sense of accomplishment as you complete each one. 3. Surround yourself with positive people: Engage with individuals who inspire and support you in your endeavors. 4. Find mentors: Connect with experienced individuals who can guide and advise you in your journey. 5. Take regular breaks: Give yourself time to rest and recharge, as this can help maintain your motivation in the long run. 6. Keep the momentum up: Maintain a steady pace and stay consistent in your efforts to achieve your goals. 7. Focus on activities that are inherently meaningful or part of a larger mission: Work on tasks that align with your values and contribute to a greater purpose. 8. Remind yourself of the benefits: Consider what you will gain from achieving your goals and the consequences of not reaching them. 9. Seek support from family and friends: Share your goals with your loved ones and ask for their encouragement and assistance in staying motivated.
Sonu
Step out from comfort zone and do what we love to do.
Ketan Pandit
Get a home loan :P Jokes aside, you need to first identify what is sapping you of motivation, and address the problem accordingly.
Roy Thomas
Tough question! No magic bullet for motivation. For me, it's all about setting achievable goals and breaking tasks down. Just being in the "doing" mode helps. Also, a bit of healthy competition with peers can be a good motivator.
Louis Collins
Staying motivated can be a bit of a rollercoaster ride, no? One day you're on top of the world, next day you're asking why you're doing this in the first place. So here's my two cents: always have a clear goal in sight, keep your "why" front and center, and don't forget to take breaks.
I have been thinking about this a lot. I guess people, product we are building. I need to believe the work we are doing is important and that we can influence others, maybe even change how they work for the better.
André J
Launching soon!
Dedication > Motivation
Julia Jenkins
Keep reminding about my family :)
Marc Lafleur
How to stay motivated is actually the number one question I've gotten asked. A lot of founders, especially in the early days end up getting punched in the face on a daily basis, and a lot of them are wondering how the people that survive somehow have the motivation to keep going 2, 3, 4, 5+ years. Being a founder is a war of attrition and consistency, mastering your relationship with motivation is the biggest variable in that. Personally I think there's 3 keys to mastering motivation. 1. Find a purpose. Your purpose is what's going to give you your foundational long term motivation. It's the reason you're doing what you're doing and as long as you have a purpose, that purpose is what will give you the motivation you need in your deepest, darkest moments. When you're in year 3 and you want to hit the quit button, the motivation you get from purpose is what will save you. However, the problem with this long term motivation is that it's not easily accessible. It's there, and it's strong, but you can't necessarily tap into it whenever you want. That leads me to point 2. 2. You need to learn to engineer motivation. It's obvious that we're more productive when we're motivated. That means it's in your best interest to be in a motivated state as much as possible. Easier said than done. If you master the art of engineering motivation, aka putting yourself in a motivated state out of thin air, you'll increase the amount of time you're in a productive state. I won't go super deep on this here, but overall you can do this by 1. Curating your content so you're only seeing things that inspire and motivate you. 2. Cut people that take energy and double the amount of time you spend with people that do give you energy. And 3 would be create habits that allow you to get small wins on not only a daily basis, but an hourly basis. If you can get small wins multiple times throughout the day, the mental game you play with yourself by seeing all these little wins actually improves your motivation levels. 3. Finally, this one is simple, but everyone hates it. You need to understand that even if you're not motivated, that's not an excuse not to work. You'll only master motivation when you realize it's impossible to be motivated 100% of the time, and even if you do a good job of improving your exposure to motivation, you still need to fill in the gaps with quality work even when you're not motivated. Snd sorry for the long winded answer but as I was scrolling I saw this and I literally wrote a book on motivation so I had to jump in lol. If you like any of this, feel free to check out the book as well www.truefounderbook.com