How do you stay focused? Are there any techniques you use?

Ezgi Yeğinaltay
26 replies
Staying focused can be a big challenge for me, especially when I have a lot of distractions around me. So I try to work in a quiet, well-lit room with minimal clutter as I turn off my phone and other notifications to minimize distractions. Another technique that I use to stay focused is the Pomodoro technique. I find that this helps me to stay focused and avoid burnout. Finally, I try to be mindful of my energy levels throughout the day and prioritize my most important or challenging tasks during the times when I'm most alert and focused. What techniques do you use to stay focused, and do you have any tips or tricks to share?

Replies

Alex Munoz
I use different types of music depending on the task I'm working on. More rythmic music with a higher BPM helps me work faster on tasks that require to achieve a state of flow. I wear my glasses when I start working so that my brain "knows" that it's concentration time. Like you, I use the pomodoro technique although I don't cut myself off if I'm in the middle of something and have achieved a flow state. Last but not least: I put my phone as far away as I can, and I set up do not disturb and stage manager on my mac.
Time blocking & white noise :)
Harley coates
I define what I want to achieve and set specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound (SMART) goals. This helps me stay focused on what's important.
Rupin Mathur
The simplest way I found was, First be passionate about the work or task you are going to be doing, if you are going to be working long hours on the task, idea or project you must truly believe in its value. Second I find it helpful to break down long-tailed tasks into shorter simpler tasks, rewarding myself at the end of each task to keep myself mentally motivated and this gives a definitive time at which I can rest physically and mentally. Thirdly I prioritize tasks, taking care of smaller less important tasks at the very start of the day so that there is nothing to distract me when I am working on an important task. Finally, I use white noise to filter out small distractions in the workplace. (Hope this helps someone 🤞)
Hossein Yazdi
I try to set short but productive goals for each task to be done daily. This way, not only I don't get tired when working on a single task but also when a task is done, I get motivated for the next!
Ezgi Yeğinaltay
@hosseinyazdi I tend to do this by dividing my tasks into subtasks so it doesn't feel very overwhelming 😊
Denys Triasunov
For me simply listening to music in headphones is a great concentration booster, especially when doing routine/repetitive tasks. Hardest thing is facing multiple tasks at once and having to choose where to start, but it's more about dealing with procrastination than focus)
Aida Zu
wow, so many nice tricks and approaches @guzzyleroy @harley_coates @rupin_mathur thanks for sharing this
Rupal Saini
I just take short breaks to help myself stay completely focused on the task I am doing.
Rudy Banks
For me it is, knowing when to step back and simplify. As fast as tech is evolving, it is easy to feel overwhelmed. Less is more... Breathe - Meditate - Focus!
Eny Vidda
first thing in morning don’t touch your cellphone and starts to read a book , at least half hour .