How do you respond to negative comments?

Anfas Ashrf
65 replies
every single customer has different perspectives. And I know every perspective want must respect, how is this possible?

Replies

Maxim Zubarev
1. Ignore the emotional negativity in the comment 2. Find out the practical pain point and criticisim that's maybe between the lines 3. Make an active decision if the feedback is valueable or bullshit (yes, I believe it's not always a good idea to try and fix every feedback you get) 4. Fix it or move on
Reshma S
Hii I think We must respect others opinions especially our customers. Our customers are the king. We should focus on the strength instead of weakness and promote them. Also focus on solutions instead of problems ✨✨
Jon Zhang
Yes , Differentiate target users, Focus on solutions Add them to your plan with priority even it should be done next year in schedle.
yash
every customer has their own opinion to describe his own words. we can sometimes ignore this type of comment.
Karthik Tatikonda
I think we need to understand what's the reason behind the comment. Is he/she not satisfied with our product/service? If so, help him with that. Having said that, there will be some people who love to criticize and talk negatively about your product/service. I will leave them.
Nancy Nishi
The negative feedback is your chance to improve your business and take it to the next level,
Krishna Kumar
You need not respect the comment, but you need to respect their right to make the comment. That said, abuse, threats etc are not negative comments. They are criminal acts
Nico Spijker
As long as the negative comment is constructive there is no issue. For example if something isn't working and they're unhappy about that they can share the experience. These can be very helpful as not all people who have negative experiences with your product will share it. In these cases it's always best to acknowledge their frustrations and set a path to resolving the issue or a roadmap to when you will solve the issue. Nevertheless, if the negative comment is not constructive or insightful it's usually best to no spend too much time on it.
Ahmet Umut Günbak
It is important to listen to them as a person that wants to develop their product or service, not a defender that will argue with negative feedback no matter what. If you show them that you value their opinion and consider it to improve your business and be positive, I believe that you will see the positive outcomes of this behavior.
Anfas Ashrf
@umutgunbak Yes, definitely consider their opinions and I know every customer has different opinions, as a marketer considering all opinions is my responsibility.
Launching soon!
I'm very optimistic, but I also have a lot of empathy and compassion for others. When someone says something negative to me, I try to take it in stride to use it as a learning experience.
Andrew C.
if the comments are legit and constructive... id be a fool not to listen and adapt... but on the other hand the kinda vague and non constructive kinda comments need to be simply ignored and shut out for good.
Richard Gao
I think the best way to respond to negative comments is to first figure out what type of negative comment it is. Everyone knows that constructive criticism is a way to improve and that it's good, but what about unconstructive criticism? I think it's important to learn how to deal with it without ignoring. If a customer is upset at something that your product simply doesn't offer, I think it would be best to improve their experience with your brand even if they'd never actually be a customer. For example, if a customer is frustrated your fast food chain does not have any gourmet options (ridiculous, I know), then rather than simply say "sir, this is a Wendy's", it might be better to direct them to a different restaurant "sir, we don't server gourmet options, but there's a great place down the street over there that does". However, if the customer has a genuine issue with your product and provides unconstructive criticism, it always helps to ask questions about what they didn't like to move it to something more constructive. For example, if they say "terrible product, very low quality, do not buy", then asking questions about why they didn't like it could turn it more constructive.
Micky Nguyen
I think negative comments are chances to improve products and level our standards up.
Thasleema Samad
Critical feedback is not meant to be a bully. Negative reviews can serve as valuable information that only makes your business better. It’s all a matter of identifying first which are real reviews vs. fake reviews to create a ‘deserving’ response.
Business Marketing with Nika
It depends on if they are relevant to my business and if it is constructive criticism. If yes, it is worth having a deep conversation as I want to improve my service or product. If the negative comment is "hate" I ignore it. It depends. I delete very rude or racial comments.
Anfas Ashrf
@busmark_w_nika That's nice, We must consider our true customers satisfaction Thanks for your valuable reply...
Vijay Singh Khatri
The more the better and if negative comments are coming that means you are making something useful that will solve one of the daily problems of daily base users. The mix of positive and negative feedback is always helpful for creating a helpful product.
Alessandro Canella
It depends. I am always open to constructive criticism but brutal negativity should not be accepted, ignored at the minimum. I make sure that I think about the solution to the negativity instead of overthinking about the expression.
Carly Chen
Well, comments, no matter positive or negative, mean users care about your product. In other words, users are lazy to do any comments if they do not care about it. Also, users can choose to comment on whatever they want to say. And the comments can be either unimportant viewpoints or valuable suggestions for improving the products. But only the people who make the product have the right to decide whether to adopt their ideas. So, just take it easy :)
Anfas Ashrf
@xinzhu_chen Wow, I agree with your opinion. Customer is our king we need to strongly consider them anyway thanks for your valuable reply.
Jonathan Nass
Even the rudest comments typically hold some bit of feedback that you can learn from!
Toh Xue Zun
Don't let it affect you too much. Here are some pointers. - Try to be understanding, some customers may have written that comment in a fit of anger, try to talk to them after a few days, it usually works. We all have that moment in life where we are angry and unreasonable too. - Try to figure out what made the customer to be angry and improve your product from there. - If it is just hate comment, or a competitor trying to sabotage you. Ignore.