How do you report a cheating launch?

Jason Andries
11 replies
I’ve noticed a launch all of a sudden going up by 700 votes in the last 2 hours without having a lot of support the rest of the day and I would like to address it to PH. I can’t seem to find a report form or anything alike so I just sent them a chat message. Is there anything else I can do?

Replies

Jannat Patel
This is sad. People work really hard for their launch and then products like these just cheat and take the spot. Do let us know what response you get from PH.
@jannat_patel The PH team has removed the ranking from their launch page! Action taken! 👍
Jason Andries
@jannat_patel PH investigated the suspicious voting uprise and removed their launch + deleted them from the launch day
There's a report option at the bottom of the launch page (just before the stats section), you can use it to report the launch!
Madalina B
@jason_andries1 I know that PH penalizes votes that are spam or not viable. If the increase of up to 700 votes was organic, even if it was in a short period, and PH did not penalize the number of votes, then it means that there were correct votes.
Jason Andries
@madalina_barbu PH penalized the votes but they're doing it again as you can see on https://pw2.akkio.com
Jason Andries
@madalina_barbu As popular as you may be, getting this many votes again straight after losing tons of them isn't organic
Alex Gavril
@jason_andries1 I'm guessing you're referring to this one from yesterday, right? https://www.producthunt.com/post... From what it seems to me, PH first penalized them (probably noticed something fishy in the momentum they were gaining) and then gave them back the votes, which leads me to believe that maybe they could have been legit, that's just when they activated their launch tactic. Usually, PH representatives suspect that a launch is not agreeing to the policy, they will contact the founders during a launch and talk to them about what's going on. It's sad that some PH products do usually have a bigger advantage than most. Products that are used by communities/groups (where founders can easily tap into their client communities with perks and get votes) and the obvious AI/GPT trend going on. Sadly, this product had both and it makes it damn near impossible to come ahead of something like this when they're active in their launch. As for the report, I've used the chat function previously and I know that some founders are in direct contact with PH reps via email.
Jason Andries
@alex_gavril1 I've reached out to the PH reps indeed to see if they can give some clarity on what happened because it doesn't feel right. I'll trust their decision but it was worth reporting it to see if the voting happened organically or not