How do you reduce the number of meetings at work?

Lodovico Sella
10 replies
Scheduling several meetings will squeeze down the productivity of the employees. These recurring meetings tend to pull the team members away from their desks, leading to a drop in their work hours. What do you think? How many meetings a week are considerable? How do you plan to cut short the count of meetings?

Replies

Alexander Eser
@lodovico_sella , we are actually developing a solution to have more productive 1:1s and team meetings. Please check zipdo.co - We are launching our MVP soon and if you want to be one of the first users to try it out, please contact me at ajeser[at]zipdo.co or join our waitlist.
Nico Spijker
We follow the mindset of working asynchronous by default and synchronous when really needed. (Here's some extra info about asynchronous work: https://www.rock.so/blog/asynchr...) We implement this by relying on tasks and notes to get work done, and sometimes messages to sync up. Then for 1:1 chats or things that cannot be solved through task management we have Meetings that are as short as possible and typically require an agenda. :) Personally have around 3-4 meetings on a weekly basis as a result and a lot more free time to focus on work!
Lodovico Sella
@nicolaas_spijker That's great! Thanks for sharing, I'll check it out. Even I believe around 3-4 meetings are fine. 🙌
Chetan Natesh
The purpose of a meeting is at the end of the day communication. Please follow this, If a message will work , don't call. If a call works, dont email. If an email works, no need for meetings. Bottomline - In case neither a message nor a call nor an email is sufficient, then set up a meeting 🙌
Eric Bittman
Tips to reduce the number of meetings Block time for important work. Have a good combo of sync and a sync communication. Decline meetings without a clear meeting agenda.