How do you organize your communication across platforms?

Yuri Lisin
6 replies
Today I caught myself thinking that it’s already quite difficult for me to follow the discussions on different channels and on different platforms. Just think of it: Telegram, Slack, Discord, Producthunt, and more... How do you organize your communication across platforms? 🤔

Replies

Luka Vasic
I split my communication into 3 blocks morning/afternoon/evening because my communities are active at different times. Next, I have a routine: WhatsApp>Slack>Ln>PH>Discord. It helps that I use Discord mostly for fun so it's not urgent and WhatsApp is mostly for friends.
Paul VanZandt
I try to keep everything in Slack as much as I can to simplify everything and make it searchable. Other than that, I find myself setting reminders about communication to make sure I don't forget anything.
Yuri Lisin
@paul_vanzandt Right, haven't thought about setting reminders. After a prompt googling here's what I found - https://www.beeper.com/ no discord, unfortunately, but still might work
Kazimieras Melaika
Being fully hands-on with different communities is a tough job, requiring much of the day's time if you want to be a QUALITY member of the community. It's probably best to schedule everything ahead - let's say give an hour in the morning, give an hour at noon, and an hour in the evening. That could help you manage all different platforms because managing them at once is quite hard. Btw, we’re launching in the mid of June. Check out our upcoming PH page: www.producthunt.com/upcoming/eff... Our project is called: Effecto. It’s an app for detailed habits, health, symptoms, and meds tracking. Pretty much for everything that is related to your physical or mental health and every daily factor that can affect you.
Yuri Lisin
@kmelaika Thanks for your tips! Indeed, being a quality member of a community as a certain skill. Cool app! Looking forward to your launch (subscribed)