How do you measure analytics?

Anil Matcha
19 replies

Replies

Gurami Tateshvili
Depends on what u want to measure. If you want to measure your advertising performance try mydataninja.com Otherwise, just for visitors number and stuff like that GA4 is pretty good to use and free.
Rohan Pathak
Google Analytics pretty much helps with everything
Salar Davari
Really depends what kind of metrics we're looking IMO. Can't treat all the numbers the same!
Andreas Møller
We use an “events” table in out data base that is updated with different triggers when a user signs up, edits their data etc. We use metabase to visualise the data
Lance
All depends what analytics you need or want to see. Very easy to collect to much data, we focus on capturing the correct data to allow business owners to draw real insights and tailor their offers!
Olena Bomko
There are a lot of things in marketing you can't measure (they listened to podcasts you visited, saw your comment on LinkedIn, saw a comment in Slack, asked a colleague). The best way is using a tool PLUS asking: "How did you hear about us?" during onboarding/scheduling a demo.
Yannick
Umami is an open source self hosted analytics tool. That's what we mainly use.
Hirak Kocharee
Launching soon!
I would define goals, KPIs, and metrics first. Data collection and Data Analysis will come second as there are many tools in the market for the same. Defining a clear goal will reduce the time and effort. For example, before we even pitch our product www.grafieks.com to the prospects and customers, we would try to understand what they want to measure. For example, if they want to measure just the web analytics, we suggest tools like Google Analytics or Motamo. If they have the transactional system and want to measure, let's say sales-related KPIs, we will suggest our product.
Dave-Anthony Smith
The question is very vague and doesn't offer any context to provide a useful answer. There's marketing analytics, server-side analytics, client-side analytics, big data analytics, operational analytics, supply-chain analytics, etc. etc.
Vikram Aditya
We ask questions in plain English, and the AI does the job. We have built an LLM for analytics that can plus into any data source. It's like no setup, no tracking code maintenance, and when we really like a graph, we can save it to a dashboard. All standard functions like drill down, cohort filtering etc. can be done through a conversation and there is a magic Canvas which sort of lets us test multiple hypotheses through a whimsical of sorts but for widgets. As of now, we're picking beta customers wisely but within a month or so, you can expect a self serve offering out.
henry
MAU: How many people are using my product every month?
Jad Sanaknaki
Analytics, Search console, SEMrush, Ahrefs..
Prem Saini
The approach to metrics is determined on the sort of data being analysed. Not all measurements can be treated in the same way; it depends on the context and intent.
Thomas Lee
The importance of statistics truly hinges on your specific objectives. Think of them as akin to symptoms when you're unwell – they provide essential clues to your progress. While metrics like traffic, user engagement, referral sources, and events are fundamental to gauge, don't confine yourself to these alone. Your chosen statistics should align with your goals and the broader context of your efforts. All the best!
Daniel Burns
My team uses Google Analytics and Lead Forensics for the website visitors.
Amelia
I measure website and product analytics using Usermaven. It's simple, provides accurate real-time stats, and offers in-depth tracking features.
Michael Jones
Measuring analytics effectively requires identifying key performance indicators (KPIs) that align with your goals. Utilize tools like Google Analytics for web traffic and engagement data. Regularly analyze these metrics, compare them against your objectives, and adjust strategies accordingly. This approach helps in understanding your audience's behavior and optimizing for better outcomes. I stumbled upon https://appmetrica.yandex.com/about, a beacon for those of us not well-versed in the tech wizardry often required by similar platforms. What drew me in was its user-friendly interface—navigating through AppMetrica felt intuitive, breaking down the barrier of complexity that usually intimidates me. The integration process was a breeze, courtesy of its no-code features. This was a game-changer, saving me time and sparing me the headache of navigating through technical mazes. AppMetrica's flexibility in handling data was another highlight. It allowed me to tailor analytics to my app's unique needs, offering a level of customization that felt almost bespoke.