How do you manage your day?

I recently started managing all tasks in one calendar. I add work meetings and personal stuff like family dinners, and gym session all in one calendar. Every morning, I spend 15 minutes planning my day, assigning specific times for tasks like '10-11am for Emails' or '2-3pm for Project X Review.' This precision helped me work more efficiently, avoiding perfectionism which is a big problem of mine. And I use Toggl to track time spent. How do you manage your day?

Replies

AmazingSylvia
write a to do list and do things as follow
Kateryna Ostapenko💙💛
@sylvia_sheng This worked great for me up to a point, but when started having more complex projects had to go beyond that
Maurizio Isendoorn
Great way to manage your day! I usually plan out on the morning itself also. I recently started using Rize, a really cool time tracker. You can get a month for free if you sign up with my referral code: 7CCB84 Normally you only get a 7-day free trial
Noa Kahalon
I use Trello for both personal and group projects. I have my usual routine and slots for workouts and friends. I use checklists tools like "todoist"
Kateryna Ostapenko💙💛
@noa_kahalon Yes, I love Trello, but recently I've had a work overload, and it was difficult to find time to fit those cards into my usual time block for focus time. There simply wasn't enough time. So, for the sake of mental health, I started doing time blocking even for small activities
Business Marketing with Nika
Can you share what activities take you the most time? To be transparent, I do not plan things like: 7:00 – 8:00 – activity 1 8:00 – 9:00 – activity 2 but have some expectations of what my day should contain. I have activities that are not negotiable and have to be in my day. The rest comes along the way. :D
Kateryna Ostapenko💙💛
@busmark_w_nika Sure. I link activity type and 'project', but at the end of the week I look only by project, as to what the activity was spent on. Here is a short summary of the top things, but it will vary greatly week to week: Recruitment: 17.38% Product: 11.73% SM quarterly reviews: 10.45% Statistics: 9.98% Meetings: 8.85% Production support issues: 7.82% Roles and Responsibilities: 7.82% Training: 5.94% Schedule: 5.83% And here is how a random time blocked day would look like: [Client name] email Minimum projects data and contracts Collection check [client org name] / Andrew re support Lunch Collection Strategy / Noon - Support (this is me being double booked...) SM weekly Microsoft Teams Meeting Delivery Management Microsoft Sync SS Report
Business Marketing with Nika
@kateryna_ostapenko_ This is so comprehensive and complex! Have you been thinking about creating a post about it or better: Product – task management scheduler in Notion? People would tick activities what to do :)
Kateryna Ostapenko💙💛
@busmark_w_nika I use Asana for cross-department management. When we split a project into multiple tasks, I break these down further into smaller items for time tracking and scheduling. This helps me determine when I'll actually work on them and how much time they will take. I love Notion, but to be honest, I've only used it for creating handbooks and content calendars. That's why I spend a lot of time here — I see people doing amazing things with it, and I'd like to learn more!
Rahul Mishra
I actually don't use any calender till now. I just remember most of my tasks and meeting. I do write task at one place and just check it to confirm I've done them all. Usually it's hard to follow timing because some task can take more time than I expected.
Kateryna Ostapenko💙💛
@yogi_rahul Yes, but this is exactly why I use time blocks. It helps me see where I predicted a task would take 30 minutes but actually took an hour. It really makes me better at estimating time for future tasks.
Gong Zijian
Managing my day involves a blend of rigorous planning using digital tools like Trello for task management, coupled with mindful breaks to keep the energy and creativity flowing. It's all about finding that sweet balance between structure and flexibility.
Set a time limit to complete a task...