How do you look for movies similar to what you liked?

Emma Kim
6 replies
Thanks PH for showing so much love for Movie Deep Search! By observing the queries from our new launch, I realized that many people are searching for movies similar to something that they already watched and liked. (privacy all protected of course, I don't know who looked for what) If we were to build a new feature that lets people find movies similar to single or multiple movies, would you be interested?

Replies

Mo Assaf
Hi Emma! Nice hearing from you. Well streaming platforms like Netflix already do this when you search for a movie that it doesn’t exists for example, it will give you similar movies. Try search Ride Along, you will get central intelligence, night school, all Kevin Hart stuff. There are new privacy issues here because you don’t even have to be logged in to do this. I hope this helps and let me know if you need help with implementing this, I dealt with similar problems. Best of luck, Mo
Sherry Xena
Yes please, finding similar movies is actually not that easy
Saman Baloch
I simply Google it
Pleasure Meditation
Usually "word of mouth", but I do love my technology. I say, build it and I will come, and buy it. :-)
Tracy Williams
Firestick or Netflix usually makes a list based on what I watched. I like how it works because I don't have to spend ages looking for something to watch. Recently I read this article https://www.firesticktricks.com/... and now want to start using vpn while streaming movies as it offers a lot of advantages.
Roger ebert
When it comes to finding movies similar to your preferences, Filmbreez.com is a fantastic resource. I've personally used it, and it's incredibly effective. it provides tailored recommendations. It's like having your own movie curator! In addition to Filmbreez, don't forget to explore popular streaming platforms like Netflix, which use algorithms to suggest content based on your viewing history. IMDb and Letterboxd are also excellent for browsing user reviews and discovering films in your preferred genres. Lastly, participating in movie forums and social media groups can lead to fantastic movie recommendations from fellow enthusiasts. For instance, if you're looking for movies like Barbie, you can check out blog on filmbreez with a similar vibe and target audience. It's a great way to discover hidden gems you might not have found otherwise. Happy movie hunting!