How do you keep focused during video calls?

Daniel Engels
39 replies
The more participants there are on a video call, the more difficult I find it to keep focused. What's your secret to stay efficient during lengthy video calls?

Replies

Aphelia T.
Turn on the camera and try to write the interesting ideas you hear during the meeting. Be actually present.
Nadezhda Babushkina
Keep visual focus on a speaker the way you do in in-person conversation. Ppl do say interesting things all the time )
Nadir Arda Oral
Taking notes as much as possible not only increases the number of topics I will research but also allows me to listen to the call. In addition, keeping my camera on (although a little annoying) prevents me from being away from the call.
Mariah Williamson
Getting a break before - to ground myself and recenter and prepare for the meeting. Before, I like to make sure I have everything already with me, like water and snacks plus a notebook for notes. During I make sure to be comfortable so I may toss on some super comfy socks or slippers, I'll take as many notes as makes sense, and with my company we have highlights to capture our takeaways from the meeting - those help with accountability. After the meeting I tend to take breaks to reset the brain and get back to working.
Raquel Yesner
Turn on 'do not disturb'!!
Edwards Hughes
I am following these steps Turn off my notifications Keep my camera on Go fullscreen Move my cell phone out of arm's reach Engage in active listening Financial planning firm Money Accounts will assist you with all your investment planning.
Jason Marosi
Keep em short! Turn on the camera and try to write the interesting ideas you hear during the meeting. Be actually present. Taking notes as much as possible not only increases the number of topics I will research but also allows me to listen to the call.
Steven Birchall
Try to turn off the distractions before the meeting, especially things like Slack.
Jeremy
Try to ensure you don't have them back-to-back. Having a short break in between them can do wonders.
Launching soon!
This article may be helpful: https://www.workhub.ai/5-steps-t...
Ahmet Umut Günbak
I get a coffee, put my phone into silent mode and view zoom in fullscreen so I'll not open new tabs and distract myself
Jade Mackenzie
I try to avoid lengthy video calls - keep them short and focused :)
Tanya Kapoor
The best way to keep focused during video calls is to turn on your camera and participate in the discussion.
Kristi Von
5 tips to stay more focused during virtual meetings Turn off your notifications. Keep your camera on. Go full screen. Move your cell phone out of arm's reach. Engage in active listening.
Divya
Honestly, I can't. Video calls can never be not boring. No matter how hard you try, you are bound to feel sleepy :p
Ali Tanwir
Making sure there are no distractions
Katya Veremeichik
Just don't have them last longer that 30 min:)
Hugh Lagrotteria
Leave my phone in the other room! 📵 Only true way to get myself locked in 😅 🤷🏻‍♂️