How do you feel about people giving answers they generated with ChatGPT?

Steve Lou
51 replies
To me, it's the new "Let me Google It For You"... I find the lack of personal touch disturbing. What about you?

Replies

Leela Shankar
Below is top 1 method to ask questions to humans... use the prompt "I have already tried gpt" before raising any questions...
Saif Ullah Khalid
Same thoughts. The purpose of community building is vanishing gradually.
Prem Saini
True agree with you!
According to me such people just want to look cool 😁
Salar Davari
@mehul_fanawala They just want wordy sentences. They are the same people who think they should memorize all dictionary words to learn English IMO.
Tegan Bradleys
I am concerned that people may use ChatGPT to plagiarize or cheat on assignments. It is important to remember that ChatGPT-generated answers are not original works, and they should not be used without proper attribution.
Relja Denic
as you said, it the new "let me google it for you". For now if you just copy paste the answer chatgpt gave you, it lacks of touch, but if you edit it a bit it can be awesome
Jakub Żelazny
I hate ChatGPT responses. If I wanted to chat with GPT I would go to https://chat.openai.com/. I believe that when we post a question on the internet, we are looking for a "personal touch". Years ago Apple introduced "Sent from iPhone". I believe we will soon see "Not generated by AI" footers more and more 😄
Paul Richardson
It's lazy, awful and obvious. I just reply to them saying 'Written with ChatGPT'.
Elena Tsemirava
It's almost always obvious and I newer upvote such messages.
Arina Babaian
Let's be honest it is totally ok to use ChatGpt as any other source of information. But you should always validate it. Hate when someone comes to me with piece of information that has no value or worse is totally untrue
Steve Lou
@new_user__2572023d947b2310d42ecc3 Agreed! most of the answers we get through ChatGPT is average at best!
Dan Leash
I feel like there's a time and place. If you answer your website's FAQs with ChatGPT, that is vastly different than using ChatGPT in discussions or a conversational setting. In my opinion, I'd prefer a human response.
alan robert
Hey! I think it's great that people are using ChatGPT to generate answers on Product Hunt. It's a powerful tool that can help people to communicate more effectively and creatively. However, it's important to remember that ChatGPT is not a human being, and its answers should not be taken as gospel. It's always best to verify the information that you receive, especially if it comes from a machine learning model.
Steve Lou
@alan_robert Thanks for sharing your take on it. I disagree with "creatively" :p Also, your answer does seem like it's been generated with ChatGPT... but I might be wrong!
Kane
We prefer talking to people, but I guess we can't avoid it in the future. Some groups now make AI-made posts stand out with labels. Maybe that's a middle ground. .
Steve Lou
@blueeon True I saw that too... The question is: are we going to accept it... or discriminate bot-generated content vs human-written content?
Kane
@steve_lourdessamy Sorry, I didn't answer your key question. I would choose to accept it. Actually, I don't care who generates the content, I care about the quality of the content. If it can be proven that the average quality of AI-generated content is much worse, then it should be banned. 🤔
Anna Kasumova
The thing is, when I want to chat with ChatGPT, I can do it myself. I don't understand people who claim ChatGPT's responses as their own!
Hamza GEE
Its Only Good When it is Providing valuable answer
William seikh
I think it's great that ChatGPT is being used to help people learn and be more productive. However, it's important to remember that ChatGPT is still under development, and its answers are not always accurate. It's important to verify the information before using it.
Richard B. Bautista
I'm excited about the potential for ChatGPT to be used to create new and engaging forms of entertainment. For example, it could be used to generate interactive stories or games.
Using AI-generated answers can be helpful, but it's important to use them responsibly and verify their accuracy when needed.
Alice Luna
True, it lacks personal touch no matters how much long prompt we have given to it.
André J
Launching soon!
One second I will ask ChatGPT 😏
Steve Lou
@sentry_co haha that's exactly what I'm telling myself when I read most of the answers from this thread :D