How do you ensure effective communication and collaboration with your team during a typical workday?

Elif Duran
10 replies
Balancing real-time communication without distractions is a challenge in remote work. How do you currently address this? Any tools or strategies you find effective? We are launching BeforeSunset AI for Teams next week, here to address and solve this problem: https://www.producthunt.com/prod... Stay in sync, stay focused 🚀

Replies

Ivan Dudin
Discord! And I confess that I strongly dislike Slack, it's something from the last century, trying to get younger. I think Slack's past its prime.
So far we are using Discord + ClickUp for team communication and collaboration and it's working well for us. And, all the best for the launch.
Macklin Buckler
Such a challenge. I am a solopreneur but am building a team as we speak. In my previous company, we used Slack. It was fine at first, but having multiple channels became a nightmare. We also had Gather (virtual office), but it was buggy and slow, and most people exited from it after our standups. I would say the biggest obstacle with remote work is that to communicate with your teammates, you need to use your computer. But your computer is full of interesting distractions like social media, email, YouTube, etc. So, having a centralized space (ideally a Mac OS app) is key. I think it allows you to engage with your computer more intentionally than you would if the app was only Chrome-based, for instance. Anyway, just had a look at BeforeSunet AI–it's gorgeous 😍 Good luck with your launch. I'll do what I can to spread the word!
Tadej Jevševar
@mackbuck would love to connect and hear more about your experience with gather? What is the best way to connect?
Tadej Jevševar
@drewsalesplaybookbuilder Do you have any particular reason for not using Slack huddles instead of making calls?
All the best for the launch of BeforeSunset AI, Elif! Will definitely check it out! Our team uses mostly ClickUp for task management & Telegram for general chat. We are still a small team though, so it works so far.
Tadej Jevševar
Best of luck with the launch! It's great to see someone who appreciates sync communication.
Beth Fuller
We have a pretty heavily neurodiverse team so we use a wide variety of tools to help folks collaborate. From Slack, notion, meetings, checklist in a variety of tools. Finding ways to allow people to collaborate async is critical for our company. Not to mention timezones, best work times for individuals. Looking at the BeforeSunset AI product, it looks promising for folks with different schedules and work styles.