How do you deal with pressure & anxiety?

Juan Rubio
6 replies
Today my company -Publer- is launching a new feature on Product Hunt. How do you manage days as nerve-wracking as this? Ngl, we're confident of our product's quality, but getting customers' feedback can be stressful when you release a product.

Replies

Jade Mackenzie
Exercise & meditation, and then writing out my list of priorities and systematically working through them. If that doesn't work - wine!
Alkeo Taga
Somehow Product Hunt is considered by many as a popularity contest. It shouldn't be this way. If you have a valuable product, you should focus on attracting potential customers, not gathering upvotes. Learned this the hard way.
Jorgo Qirjaj
I honestly love sitting back and making it seem like I am fine, while in reality, I am contacting everyone's grandmother to upvote. It's a balance :D
Carter Michael
The day is going to end regardless of if it goes well! It also doesn't matter if it does. Like @alkeo_taga said, acquiring customers is a lot more important than upvotes. Upvotes are fun, but people voting with their dollars and time is a lot more important and what will keep the lights on. My first sales came after a launch when I thought no one was super interested. I would've rather had a detrimental "flop" on my most recent launch and tons of sales. Both are nice, but one at the end of the day is more of a fun metric vs one that contributes to your businesses bottom-line. Good luck with Publer today, #15 spot of the day is already really good. If people are engaging with your brand, that's already a win. It's good brand awareness, I hope it compounds in the future.
Karl Gustav Annus
Acting cool. In the literal sense acting as if I was cool. :D