How do you deal with pressure & anxiety?

Juan Rubio
6 replies
Today my company -Publer- is launching a new feature on Product Hunt. How do you manage days as nerve-wracking as this? Ngl, we're confident of our product's quality, but getting customers' feedback can be stressful when you release a product.

Replies

Jorgo Qirjaj
I honestly love sitting back and making it seem like I am fine, while in reality, I am contacting everyone's grandmother to upvote. It's a balance :D
Alkeo Taga
Somehow Product Hunt is considered by many as a popularity contest. It shouldn't be this way. If you have a valuable product, you should focus on attracting potential customers, not gathering upvotes. Learned this the hard way.
Carter Michael
The day is going to end regardless of if it goes well! It also doesn't matter if it does. Like @alkeo_taga said, acquiring customers is a lot more important than upvotes. Upvotes are fun, but people voting with their dollars and time is a lot more important and what will keep the lights on. My first sales came after a launch when I thought no one was super interested. I would've rather had a detrimental "flop" on my most recent launch and tons of sales. Both are nice, but one at the end of the day is more of a fun metric vs one that contributes to your businesses bottom-line. Good luck with Publer today, #15 spot of the day is already really good. If people are engaging with your brand, that's already a win. It's good brand awareness, I hope it compounds in the future.
Jade Mackenzie
Exercise & meditation, and then writing out my list of priorities and systematically working through them. If that doesn't work - wine!
Karl Gustav Annus
Acting cool. In the literal sense acting as if I was cool. :D