How do you come up with product ideas?

Nithin Jawahar
11 replies
Are your product ideas purely instinctive or do you have a process to find ideas to build? Please share your ideating process with other makers in this community.

Replies

Peter Puhov
For me, the process works as follows: Firstly, I realize that I want a product, then I Google what I want. If I can't find it, or if the available product doesn't do exactly what I need, then I start to entertain the idea of building it myself. A few things come into consideration: 1. Will other people like it as well? 2. Can I actually build it? 3. What is the business model? (This one is the most challenging for me. :) )
Nithin Jawahar
@rulik_tech this is so true! We dive into way too many products out of impulse and curiosity but when it comes to the business part of it is not too comfortable. I totally relate to this. That's why nowadays we're trying to figure a business model before be build anything.
Vincent Xu
Launching soon!
My product ideas often stem from a blend of personal experiences and market gaps—starting with identifying everyday frustrations or needs and then researching to see if there's a broader demand. I then iterate on these concepts through feedback loops with potential users, ensuring the idea is both personally resonant and market-viable.
Nithin Jawahar
@cen_xu that's a well thought out process. Can you share more on how you research or test if there's enough demand for your product idea?
ISTIAK AHMAD
Hey Nithin, i consider these 5 elements to validate an idea. Check this out, hope this make sense to you (: https://www.producthunt.com/disc...
Andreas Møller
It is always things that I wish existed. I prefer to work on products the I need myself
codecomeon
mainly instinctive, days and months multiplying, and come out of my head in a stagger
Siri Nana
Generating product ideas involves understanding customer needs, market trends, and potential gaps. Conduct market research, gather customer feedback, analyze competitors, and explore emerging technologies. Engage with your target audience through surveys or social media to identify pain points and preferences. Collaborate with your team for brainstorming sessions and consider innovative solutions to common problems. Stay adaptable and open to feedback throughout the idea-generation process.