How did you come up with your Startup's name?

Ankur Singh
14 replies

Replies

John Lins
Name: Loyae.com Loyae is a type of coral Reason 1) The internet is like an ocean and coral are the most established organisms in the ocean who get the most traffic (from fish). Reason 2) I wanted the theme color to be coral
Ilko Kacharov [Team-GPT]
We were trying to collaborate in ChatGPT as a team so it was no brainer to go with Team-GPT when we saw that the domain is available. However, we're a bit of afraid that we might drop the GPT soon if it gets copyrighted.
Chel Chen
@ilko_kacharov Yes, also wondering what's going to happen with the brand including GPT. What do you think?
Thomas Kantartzis
As we offer network services, our name was mostly inspired by the Advanced Research Projects Agency Network, aka ARPANET which was one of the first networks to implement the TCP/IP protocol suite. So with a little bit of brain storming, we thought that the name Aptranet sounded cool :)
Marc H. Guirand
I thought about all the risks involved ... and came up with Derisk Venture Studio. Make sure you follow to keep up with the journey! https://www.linkedin.com/company...
Lonnie McRorey
We modeled our name based on our commitment to do what is difficult and challenge the status quo. We needed a Scientific Framework to generate certainty, continuity, and predictability, as the NASA space program needed. We call ourselves Framework Science, and the Human-Centered AI research that led us to define human capacity modeling provided the Station where we can come together and build new missions. The Human Centered AI platform became TeamStation.
Jenkins Joseph
I just love the brand Off-white and that translated to my agency now called Off-Edge. I'll launch it on here soon but we live!
Chel Chen
@amjosephjenkins very edgy name, I love it. Off-white: the grey area between black and white as the color off-white. So what's your brand concept.
Jenkins Joseph
@chenx552 sorry for my late reply. yeah ours is Off—Edge: the area where we push boundaries and define culture with design and code
Ken Lian
Launching soon!
In the early days, I had the opportunity to be part of Honey and co-founded Moolah before embarking on my current venture, Cheese. It's interesting to note that all these consumer brands, including Honey, Moolah, and Cheese, share a common theme—they are slang terms associated with money. This approach adds an element of ease and fun for our users.
Kavita
We had some basic criteria to start with - we wanted it to be 4-5 characters so it was easy to spell and remember, it had to be easy to pronounce, and not something people might misspell. With that in mind, I used ChatGPT to generate lots and lots of different variations. Then, shortlisted all the ones I liked and then started to go through the very boring, tedious process of checking domain availability, SEO competitiveness, and trademark (if valid) for each of the names. We ended up with a shortlist of 4 which ticked all the boxes, and picked the one we resonated with the most. Somewhat clinical but we did land on a name we now love.
Suraj Sangani
We wanted to become the lens into all of your system applications. AppLens came naturally.
Himanshu Jain
Coming from the IT industry, when I thought of going for business, we started an IT-focused recruitment company (ReachExt K.K.) in Japan. It was a risk with zero background in the industry, but a plus because of IT background. We grew fast and one day someone approached that they owned a domain name EmploymentJapan.com and wanted to sell that. We bought it without much thought. Then we decided to turn that into a job board to connect worldwide IT professionals with Japanese companies. After some time I started feeling that the name was not really appealing. The issue was that I loved the logo with E and J for Employment Japan. So, we went for the new name EJable (https://www.ejable.com). The logo remained the same but now the EJ stood for English and Japanese E+J+Able